What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

I never left the Brendan Fraser bandwagon. My family were diehard Mummy fans and loved all his 90’s stuff and even the less popular 00’s stuff (especially the scrubs episodes :’( )  so it’s nice to see him getting so much acclaim even if it’s artificially generated 

Just now, Ty21 said:

I never left the Brendan Fraser bandwagon. My family were diehard Mummy fans and loved all his 90’s stuff and even the less popular 00’s stuff (especially the scrubs episodes :’( )  so it’s nice to see him getting so much acclaim even if it’s artificially generated 

Too bad you didnt place a futures bet in the 1990s of fraser winning a best actor in his lifetime

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Not good?

i thought it was pretty bland and uninteresting and didn't really have anything to say. it wasn't bad, i just had to pause it and come back to it multiple times because i just didn't give a **** the entire time. but well-acted and all that... oscar *** movie

• Like 2

Just now, FinneasGage said:

i thought it was pretty bland and uninteresting and didn't really have anything to say. it wasn't bad, i just had to pause it and come back to it multiple times because i just didn't give a **** the entire time. but well-acted and all that... oscar *** movie

Tar def in my never watch list

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

bones and all not getting a single nom was disrespectful i'll say... but overall besides jamie lee curtis getting that award and barry keoghan getting shafted nothing too egregious 

I dont mind shortround getting it, but curtis over condon is blasphemy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Nah its so lowkey that its ok

Although i was rooting for it in every category

But its fine to lose to eeaao i think

For every award it didn’t win, I’m going to cut off one of my fingers 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Like season 1 vs season 2 Michael Scott

Ironically, kind of similar characters Ari Gold and Michael Scott.

Bosses who deliver humor from the awkward and offensive interactions they have with their employees and others.

Smart to get plugs as audiences(especially American) wouldn't sympathize as much with characters who have their own glaring physical flaw(baldness) making fun of others. 

I read an article once on the steps the writers took to make Michael more likable for audiences in Season 2. The Ricky Gervais copycat act he was doing wasn't working. Gervais' character wasn't likeable and had little to no redeeming qualities, which isn't a winning combination for a lead in an American sitcom.

So the writers transitioned Michael Scott into more of a loveable goof, who also happened to be very good at his job(Or at least the sales aspect of it)- which made the character more acceptable for audiences here in the US. The cosmetic changes to his hairline no doubt played into that successful transformation.

Kevin James as Doug Heffernan in King of Queens is another notable hair transplant guy. TBH It's probably rampant in Hollywood, there's no way all the top actors who rely on looks and not acting skills have collectively never lost a hair off their head.