What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

I’ve been on a huge documentary kick lately.  I just started watching 11 Minutes on Paramount+.  It’s about the mass shooting at the Route 91 concert in Vegas.  They interview survivors, first responders, show cell phone video, BWC footage.  

Holy **** is this intense.  I’m white knuckling my way through this and feel physically tired and I’m not even through 2 episodes yet. 

I highly recommend if you can handle that type of content.

On 3/25/2023 at 5:53 PM, Forge said:

Generally I wait to binge them. Not sure that I'll do the week in, week out episode thing, but I'm psyched for the season. 

I'll probably do the week to week episode so won't talk about it much. The reviews I've been reading have me pretty excited for what we're about to witness. Hope it lives up to the hype

• Like 1

Spoiler for Falling Skies but the show is 10 years old so i feel like i can talk about without the tag, If not my apologies.

Just finished S3 of Falling Skies and im kinda glad theyre back on the road again and for now, I feel like thats when post apocalyptic type of shows are their best and get boring when they find a place to hold up like TWD and the prison.

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Finished Season 1 of White Lotus and man does Shane suck... but also one of the funniest characters ever.  His rant to Armond about how his "private" boat date went was probably the funniest moment of the season. 

Excited to start Season 2

Loved both ssns

On 3/26/2023 at 6:57 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'll probably do the week to week episode so won't talk about it much. The reviews I've been reading have me pretty excited for what we're about to witness. Hope it lives up to the hype

Count me in the watch it in mini binge group.  For season 1, I watched about 4 at a time.

• Like 1

Watching 'The X-Files' for the first time.  A significant amount of "shark jumping" throughout, but realizing that Vince Gilligan was involved with the show, I've noticed (besides the Bryan Cranston episode) a few little easter eggs that reminded me of Breaking Bad.  Also, there's enough of an underlying storyline that has weaved its way through entire series.

x files smoking GIF

• Like 1

loved Party Down. I’d never heard of it til this month but the original seasons were great and the reboot was even good somehow. I can understand why it failed (does anyone even have Starz?) but I’m so happy I found it. This might be my favorite role for Adam Scott. Someone said Ken Marino is the most underappreciated comedic actor and I’d agree with that. I’d didnt like him back then but loved him in this. Lizzy Caplan is/was a dream girl and I figure it would’ve been hard to replace her. Martin Starr plays the same character in everything he’s in but it never gets old for me. Ryan Hansen was the star of the show for me and I’d never even heard of him. His timing, reactions, and presence was always hilarious to me. Idk if I’m the only one, but both iterations of him (original series/reboot) look just like Jay Cutler lol. I definitely thought I saw it in the original series but older him now couldn’t look more like older Jay Cutler. It was fun, accessible and fresh feeling sitcom that didn’t feel like the same thing on repeat. The constant change of setting and background characters made no two episodes feel the same. I was excited to watch individual episode to see what was going to happen. Just loved it. And loved the small roles. And enjoyed that Caplan made an end scene cameo after her schedule didn’t allow her to return to the show. I think it was actually fortuitous that it got cancelled so it died at its peak and didn’t have a painful last few seasons like most great sitcoms (Office, Scrubs, MitM, etc)

Hopefully they green light a S4 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 11:19 PM, Malfatron said:

Actually, watching this, its much better without a laugh track. It should be a drama with comedic elements instead of being forcefed as a broad comedy.

Thats why little sheldon > big bang theory. No laugh track. Feels like the wonder uears lite

Actually, watching this, its much better without a laugh track. It should be a drama with comedic elements instead of being forcefed as a broad comedy.

Thats why little sheldon > big bang theory. No laugh track. Feels like the wonder uears lite

That was the most I’ve ever watched of Big Bang theory 

20 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Watching 'The X-Files' for the first time.  A significant amount of "shark jumping" throughout, but realizing that Vince Gilligan was involved with the show, I've noticed (besides the Bryan Cranston episode) a few little easter eggs that reminded me of Breaking Bad.  Also, there's enough of an underlying storyline that has weaved its way through entire series.

x files smoking GIF

Yeah it's kinda funny how the show worked for network television. A big underlying theme with a lot of monster of the week or bottleneck episodes sprinkled in for budget. 

• Like 1