What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Vikings: Valhalla is seriously underrated. Netflix should have done better advertising for this series. It's very good. Didn't even realize there was a 3rd season til I was just randomly scanning Netflix.

Edited by Jeezla

53 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Vikings: Valhalla is seriously underrated. Netflix should have done better advertising for this series. It's very good. Didn't even realize there was a 3rd season til I was just randomly scanning Netflix.

Agreed I enjoyed it more than the finals few seasons of Vikings. Theirs potential for another spinoff if they wanted with Leif landing in North America.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I watched season one and enjoyed it, I should circle back to this. Might even rewatch season one, it's been a while.

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Watched season one and just didn't think much of it. Never picked it back up

Rewatched Loki season 2 with one of my boys and it's even better on rewatch imo. That series just oozes character development and storytelling.  Cast is phenomenal and the score is phenomenal.  I need to rewatch WandaVision as I've always had that as the gold standard of MCU shows, even after the first viewing of Loki season two.  This rewatch makes me question which should be on top.

On 7/29/2024 at 11:47 AM, INbengalfan said:

Anyone ever watch Catch 22 on Hulu?  One of my favorite novels in high school.  How is the adoption

idk where i watched it, but yeah...the Catch 22 Series was superb imo.  I think like any TV adaptation, it left some things out...but selective focus is often the key to making a series like that work.  And i enjoyed the heck out of it.

On 8/15/2024 at 10:48 PM, KManX89 said:

I just started watching the Halo TV series. I’m just starting the second episode, but I like what I see so far. The world is pretty true to the games with a nicely-structured narrative. I’ve said in the past games fit better in a TV medium than a movie one and this is another textbook example of that.

The thing i found with the Halo series...is i watched it with my dad over Christmas holidays i think.  And to me, it was pretty clear what was happening, but having no knowledge of the videogames...there was a lot that he wasn't really getting out of it.

Videogames definitely make for better shows than movies.  But there's a whole second layer of just...exactly how much do you want to do "pandering to videogame players" vs just "do the show".

I think Halo series got better at that later and found a better balance, but still ends up with a very different impact if you've played any of the games or not.

Witcher sort of took the opposite approach, and i think in a lot of ways...that was probably more successful on the whole.  But then...that's like...a show about a game based on a book made into a TV show.  Which is a different sort of course i guess.

On 8/16/2024 at 7:11 AM, Ty21 said:

I still don’t understand how Amazon Prime thought no Boys watchers would notice them swapping out the cute Starlight actress with an animatronic. 

I'm pretty sure that actress legit just turned herself into an animatronic.  I'm not even sure how much was their fault.  She messed up her face real bad somewhere along the line between seasons.  Looks like a completely different person.

On 8/19/2024 at 6:34 PM, Forge said:

So happy that industry is back

This show is such a good hate watch.  Like holy **** everyone is so awful.  Everything they're doing is ghastly.  But it's kind of fun to watch still.  In a perverse sort of way.  There's a really deep vein of satire to it that is pretty satisfying.  But it definitely takes a while to really get into.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

idk where i watched it, but yeah...the Catch 22 Series was superb imo.  I think like any TV adaptation, it left some things out...but selective focus is often the key to making a series like that work.  And i enjoyed the heck out of it.

The show was my first exposure to catch 22. I hadn’t read catch 22. I still haven’t, but I hadn’t then either. 

I'm pretty sure that actress legit just turned herself into an animatronic.  I'm not even sure how much was their fault.  She messed up her face real bad somewhere along the line between seasons.  Looks like a completely different person.

She did yeah. Mickey Rourke’d herself. In the times of better plastic surgery and ****, she managed to get that done. 

This show is such a good hate watch.  Like holy **** everyone is so awful.  Everything they're doing is ghastly.  But it's kind of fun to watch still.  In a perverse sort of way.  There's a really deep vein of satire to it that is pretty satisfying.  But it definitely takes a while to really get into.

@ET80 my succession guy, how does industry stack up 

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

idk where i watched it, but yeah...the Catch 22 Series was superb imo.  I think like any TV adaptation, it left some things out...but selective focus is often the key to making a series like that work.  And i enjoyed the heck out of it

I did as well, tho I would have liked a bit more time devoted to Snowden's secret.