What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Loved it. Came in here just to talk about it. Hilarious, dark and Lil Dickey is an incredibly talented rapper.

I'm not even into rap music, but I can't stop listening to his stuff now.

Jumped in. I've gotta hold online office hours so needed something to do while sitting around the computer. Got through episode 5. Give GaTa an Emmy! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Loved it. Came in here just to talk about it. Hilarious, dark and Lil Dickey is an incredibly talented rapper.

I'm not even into rap music, but I can't stop listening to his stuff now.

image-asset.gif

• Like 1

I gave up on Sabrina part way into season 2, so I started watching Nightflyers on Netflix, I have to say, quite enjoyable. It reminds me a lot of Helix, just set in space. Definitely has felt fairly derivative at points, but has done some classic philosophical sci-fi things and asked some big questions which has been interesting.

For his parody style, Lil Dickey is pretty freaking talented. He makes fun music, not thought provoking or whatever but its fun. Good music to pregame to, not music for the earphones.

Also, if you like Andrew Santino on Dave you must check him out on Bad Friends podcast with Bobby Lee, who is arguably the funniest man on this planet.

• Like 1

Lil Dickey is pissing all over its headstone.

No one owns music. He is a satire rapper that is good at what he has set out to do. Rap isn't some holy tome only meant to convey social conscious. 

If Dickey is pissing on the headstone, then mumble trap is pooping on it. (And like Dickey, I like mumble trap as music to party to)

3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

No one owns music. He is a satire rapper that is good at what he has set out to do. Rap isn't some holy tome only meant to convey social conscious. 

If Dickey is pissing on the headstone, then mumble trap is pooping on it. (And like Dickey, I like mumble trap as music to party to)

Mumble rap is even worse but that's another subject.  Lil Dickey is the equivalent of moms rapping in diapers commercials.  He's hella corny.  

No one owns music but hip hop is more than just music.  It's a culture of its own and rap is only 1 of the 4 elements.  The mainstream has taken rap and made it the establishment now but that doesn't mean true hip hop fans aren't still protective of the culture.  

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Mumble rap is even worse but that's another subject.  Lil Dickey is the equivalent of moms rapping in diapers commercials.  He's hella corny.  

No one owns music but hip hop is more than just music.  It's a culture of its own and rap is only 1 of the 4 elements.  The mainstream has taken rap and made it the establishment now but that doesn't mean true hip hop fans aren't still protective of the culture.  

this can be said of any genre. 

• Like 3

On 5/8/2020 at 12:19 PM, D82 said:

The Pacific 

Probably the third time I've watched the entire series. Looking forward to watching Masters of the Air when it finally premiers. 

I couldn’t do it. After watching band of brothers, the marines in the pacific just seemed desensitized to violence and unrelatable 

3 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I couldn’t do it. After watching band of brothers, the marines in the pacific just seemed desensitized to violence and unrelatable 

After seeing some of the things they did...are you surprised? 

45 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It's def not the same but if I have to explain it, the you don't understand it to begin with so...

Lmao yes it is. If you can't realize that then maybe the only thing you understand is hip hop. But ole time country, heavy metal, oldies music, blues, hell there is an entire cult/ure dedicated to just Elvis Presely. Hip hop is a type of "culture" but thats it. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 9:12 AM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Also, I'm almost done with Schitt's Creek. I can't believe I never knew about this show before, because it has been hilarious and just a great show altogether.

I didn't make it through the second episode. Most of the characters were too horribly annoying, imo. (and ironically, I like the cast)

On 5/4/2020 at 2:46 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Haven't seen Bosch. Is it good? 

Yes. Bosch doesn't have bad seasons. It's not rolling with lots of action, but it's all around strong content. 

• Like 2