What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

18 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Maybe it's just me, but that as a season four sounds boring as hell.  I expect something more out of left field.  Honestly, there shouldn't be a season 4.  That should end it, it's a perfect ending, but there are still a few loose threads.

They’ll find a way to make it work for them, I have total faith in this show. But yeah in general as soon as a main character goes to prison, it marks the show’s departure in quality imo. Californication was a good example. 

14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I love The Wire, but if you don't like slow burn stories, then I can definitely see why it's not for you.  Because it's definitely a slow burn, especially in season 1.

I am definitely not a slow burn guy.

24 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

That might be it though. It was just totally overblown by fans that I was expecting Sopranos/GoT/BB excellence. It was a dry average police/criminal drama. But then again that theme has never appealed to me. 

I do think the hype sort of wore me out too. I was expecting for mind blowing awesomeness, and I got… well, good. Not great, just good.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I do think the hype sort of wore me out too. I was expecting for mind blowing awesomeness, and I got… well, good. Not great, just good.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just finished the last season of Peaky Blinders. Not getting into spoilers but thought it was a bit of a letdown. Wasted characters this season, and storylines that didn’t finish, leaving to some questions. But I guess that’s what the movie is for. 

Haven't started this yet, but I kind of felt the same way about season 5 so hearing this doesn't surprise me that much.

Edited by THE DUKE

7 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just finished the last season of Peaky Blinders. Not getting into spoilers but thought it was a bit of a letdown. Wasted characters this season, and storylines that didn’t finish, leaving to some questions. But I guess that’s what the movie is for. 

They went waaaaaay too fast with this season. 

Spoiler

I feel like Jack Nelson could've been an awesome villain but he barely got any screen time. That spa scene had me cringing so hard bad. The twist with the doctor was completely unseen by me and my wife. I really liked the finale knowing there's a movie. Had the ended the series like that, I would've been livid but now Tommy can go after Oswald and basically the whole crew is in tact. I liked the addition of Duke also but, again, very little screen time. I need to read up why Finn was kicked out though

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Season 2 of Flight Attendant. Trash (wife liked it though). 

Liked, didn't love season 1, wasn't impressed by the season 2 trailer so i've been on the fence.  Might watch it eventually, but it's not high on the list.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Finally watching season 5 of animal kingdom. Don’t need to see Smurf’s backstory, have no interest at all in it. Takes away from the show every time they cut back to it.

Never watched it, worth it?