What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

Going to be interesting to see how Barry gets himself out of that one

Spoiler

I don't think he does - I think the final season is Barry v Fuchs in prison, Hank and Cristobal on the run, Sally trying to piece back her sanity in Missouri and Gene feeling guilty and remorse as his career kicks into high gear...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't think he does - I think the final season is Barry v Fuchs in prison, Hank and Cristobal on the run, Sally trying to piece back her sanity in Missouri and Gene feeling guilty and remorse as his career kicks into high gear...

Spoiler

Very well could be. 

6 hours ago, ET80 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe it's just me, but that as a season four sounds boring as hell.  I expect something more out of left field.  Honestly, there shouldn't be a season 4.  That should end it, it's a perfect ending, but there are still a few loose threads.

Edited by THE DUKE

38 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Maybe it's just me, but that as a season four sounds boring as hell.  I expect something more out of left field.  Honestly, there shouldn't be a season 4.  That should end it, it's a perfect ending, but there are still a few loose threads.

I don't disagree there shouldn't be a season 4. The way this episode ended could be an epic series finale, with just enough "but... what about..." loose ends to want us wanting more. This was tidy, maybe give us a sendoff movie to end the story (conceptually what they suggested to Gene earlier). 

However, Hader himself confirmed there's a S4 in the works, and he's taking full reign on both writing and producing all episodes. He states that he's "more confident" in his directoral skill, and he's probably ready to dive into an even darker place - not just for his character, but for everyone in this story.

Read the interview:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/bill-hader-barry-arrested-season-3-finale-1235290822/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don't disagree there shouldn't be a season 4. The way this episode ended could be an epic series finale, with just enough "but... what about..." loose ends to want us wanting more. This was tidy, maybe give us a sendoff movie to end the story (conceptually what they suggested to Gene earlier). 

However, Hader himself confirmed there's a S4 in the works, and he's taking full reign on both writing and producing all episodes. He states that he's "more confident" in his directoral skill, and he's probably ready to dive into an even darker place - not just for his character, but for everyone in this story.

Read the interview:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/bill-hader-barry-arrested-season-3-finale-1235290822/

I'll still trust that they won't just crap out content to keep it going, they've earned that, but i'm worried.  However...

Spoiler

The scene where NoHo Hank escapes was just a brilliant mix of the absurd, suspenseful, horrific, and downright touching.  That might be the best scene of the entire series imo.  Anthony Carrigan was brilliant in that scene, and Hader's direction was equally good.

It's something you'd never expect per se but they pulled it off and that's why after a little thought, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt going into season 4.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 9:51 PM, Ty21 said:

I wish someone agreed that the wire was a bull**** show and could tell me if this was worth my time. I don’t want to sit through the wire ever again. 

I mean… I liked it. I didn’t LOVE it. It was OKish.

But yeah, sort of agree here.

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I love The Wire, but if you don't like slow burn stories, then I can definitely see why it's not for you.  Because it's definitely a slow burn, especially in season 1.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That might be it though. It was just totally overblown by fans that I was expecting Sopranos/GoT/BB excellence. It was a dry average police/criminal drama. But then again that theme has never appealed to me. 

• Like 1