What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

How I thought I’d do it but this time around it isn’t that bad. Knowing what happens makes it more bearable. First time around, every time he was on screen I was groaning. Now I’m really only like that for Lyla Garrity. She’s super attractive but not great at acting lol. 

I just got through S2E1 and was laughing at the Taylor’s marital issues. His wife pushed him to take the job, pushed to stay in Dillon to keep her job and appease the daughter, then throws a fit when everything that is expected to happen happens. She’s a counselor, you’d think she’d have a pre-cognizant understanding of the emotions and struggles to come that she caused. The show is just her being upset with every career choice her husband makes, then forces him out of it so she can be a principal in butt **** nowhere at the end. Her character is worse than Skyler White 

Yeah I hated her character throughout the whole show.

• Like 1

FNL season 2 is pretty rough so far 2 eps in lol. Tami Taylor is insufferable. And the decision to make Landry a murderer? Come tf on. Jason Street accepted season 1 he’d never walk again so starting this season out not knowing he’d never walk again is just great writing. Lila joining a church is boring. This must’ve been when the writers strike hit. 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

FNL season 2 is pretty rough so far 2 eps in lol. Tami Taylor is insufferable. And the decision to make Landry a murderer? Come tf on. Jason Street accepted season 1 he’d never walk again so starting this season out not knowing he’d never walk again is just great writing. Lila joining a church is boring. This must’ve been when the writers strike hit. 

I’m on the last episode on season 2 and I skipped through so much. Didn’t care for Matt, and the house maid either. Only parts this season I’ve liked has been smash, higgins, and just the football scenes.

• Like 1

Whoa I just saw that CBS was planning on bringing back Early Edition, which is my life long favorite show that no one has ever heard of. They were working on a pilot before deciding against it, but if they wanted to bring the show back without Kyle Chandler and Fisher Stevens, they can **** off anyway 

I will say, the casting for Landry and his dad in FNL is perfect. They legitimately look related here. 

I really hope Tami Taylor is Landry’s next target 

Edited by Ty21

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Have you not seen FNL before?

It’s been a couple years. I remember pretty much everything about how every character ends up besides Landry, Tyra, and Lila. I just have an overly facetious personality even for things I know the result of 

10 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Whoa I just saw that CBS was planning on bringing back Early Edition, which is my life long favorite show that no one has ever heard of. They were working on a pilot before deciding against it, but if they wanted to bring the show back without Kyle Chandler and Fisher Stevens, they can **** off anyway 

My grandmother loved that show and got me into watching it way back when.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

It’s been a couple years. I remember pretty much everything about how every character ends up besides Landry, Tyra, and Lila. I just have an overly facetious personality even for things I know the result of 

Always love when football movies/ shows cal this unrealistic play at the end of the game. 4th and 15 down 6 with 6 secs left on the 25 yard line. Let’s call a running play up the middle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Always love when football movies/ shows cal this unrealistic play at the end of the game. 4th and 15 down 6 with 6 secs left on the 25 yard line. Let’s call a running play up the middle.

Seems like every single game they show that’s how it ends. Is Coach Taylor actually a decent coach or are his players ridiculously competent on Hail Mary type plays only 

a more knowledgeable show or movie would have them call a truck play with their runningback at center. Worked for the cowboys. 

Edited by Ty21

On 5/11/2023 at 10:08 AM, downundermike said:

It is fantastic.  I need to circle back and watch all 4 seasons again.

It really is great.  Everyone plays their character so damn good and Lester Nygaard is one of my favorite characters ever, the dude who plays him (Martin Freeman) does it so well I'm certain he has to be just like him in real-life.  But really everyone is so great.  

I just finished Season 1 Episode 6 and it is some of the best and most well-written TV I've seen.  

• Like 1

Friday Night Lights introduced a kid that got out of juvie and the Garrity’s use their pull to get him a job and football tryouts. They time him in the 40 and say “he ran a four seventeen” lol. He’s wearing like dishwasher/kitchen shoes and the clip of him running was the least athletic 5.2 40 I’ve seen since Eisen. They really didn’t even try to make that believable. 
I also decided to make a list of Tami Taylor’s sins that I will release at the end of the series but I imagine she’ll end up the most terrible female character ever in a tv show for me. 
Also, not only do I not mind the paralyzed Street stuff now, I think his acting is one of the strengths of the show. They’re jumping through new hurdles every couple episodes just to justify his screen time. His life is unmatched in drama so far. 

28 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Friday Night Lights introduced a kid that got out of juvie and the Garrity’s use their pull to get him a job and football tryouts. They time him in the 40 and say “he ran a four seventeen” lol. He’s wearing like dishwasher/kitchen shoes and the clip of him running was the least athletic 5.2 40 I’ve seen since Eisen. They really didn’t even try to make that believable. 
I also decided to make a list of Tami Taylor’s sins that I will release at the end of the series but I imagine she’ll end up the most terrible female character ever in a tv show for me. 
Also, not only do I not mind the paralyzed Street stuff now, I think his acting is one of the strengths of the show. They’re jumping through new hurdles every couple episodes just to justify his screen time. His life is unmatched in drama so far. 

And then he doesn’t appear in the show ever again once season 2 is over.

• Like 1