What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

12 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Brooklyn 99

Watching good/fun detective shows makes me want to re-do my life to be a police detective. 

That series was good for one single season, but 60% good and 40% terrible, so it was okay for one season and **** every other season.

The transition from season 2 of Friday night lights to season 3 was very awkward until I looked it up (figured it was the writers strike that killed Heroes) and saw the writers strike did indeed affect it, cutting it from 22 eps to 15. Season 3 starts off awkwardly too, kinda playing it’s known pieces as a meme and changing up character themes. Also the ages of characters means Lyla and Street were scheming by about getting married for a long time but she was only a sophomore at the time while he was a senior lol. And street’s best friend was 2 years younger than him (Riggins). I personally wasn’t best friends with any sophomores when I was a senior. Smash suffering the knee injury off screen was annoying the first time I watched but is fine now because I know he ends up at Texas a&m anyway, but I wish they would’ve mentioned in S5 that he went pro. It would’ve pardoned the fact that he didn’t have much depth besides wanting to play in the nfl. 

Tami being principal doesn’t bode well for the football side of things. She’s surely going to want to take the booster money for the school. 

Edited by Ty21

Citadel is bad. The action is particularly egregious, the dialogue is mostly awful. There could have been something at least fun in here, but they whiffed. 

I feel like I've watched a few of these type shows lately and this is the worst (so far- I'm only 3 episodes in)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

The transition from season 2 of Friday night lights to season 3 was very awkward until I looked it up (figured it was the writers strike that killed Heroes) and saw the writers strike did indeed affect it, cutting it from 22 eps to 15. Season 3 starts off awkwardly too, kinda playing it’s known pieces as a meme and changing up character themes. Also the ages of characters means Lyla and Street were scheming by about getting married for a long time but she was only a sophomore at the time while he was a senior lol. And street’s best friend was 2 years younger than him (Riggins). I personally wasn’t best friends with any sophomores when I was a senior. Smash suffering the knee injury off screen was annoying the first time I watched but is fine now because I know he ends up at Texas a&m anyway, but I wish they would’ve mentioned in S5 that he went pro. It would’ve pardoned the fact that he didn’t have much depth besides wanting to play in the nfl. 

Tami being principal doesn’t bode well for the football side of things. She’s surely going to want to take the booster money for the school. 

That show was way ahead of its time and awesome if not for getting killed by the writers strike. They lost a lot of momentum and it’s a shame, because Riggins, Matt S, and Vince were all about as good as it gets and really did a great job of balancing that with the Coach Taylor dynamic as well.

Tami was great, Buddy was great…just a shame.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:37 PM, Forge said:

Citadel is bad. The action is particularly egregious, the dialogue is mostly awful. There could have been something at least fun in here, but they whiffed. 

I feel like I've watched a few of these type shows lately and this is the worst (so far- I'm only 3 episodes in)

Finished...holy hell it's awful. 

117957.webp

What an extraordinary final season of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel! I’m talking s4 of The Wire and s1 of True Detective quality. ELITE television. And possibly the best series finale I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait to watch it again. 

• Like 1

Alright, even if you think you don't like Battlebots I would recommend firing up Discovery+ or Max & watching the latest episode..

Its the finale for World Championship 7, and the very first match might be the best fight I've ever seen.   The rest of the bouts were very good as well, and there are some ncaa tournament style underdog wins