What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 5/26/2023 at 2:38 PM, thrILL! said:

117957.webp

What an extraordinary final season of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel! I’m talking s4 of The Wire and s1 of True Detective quality. ELITE television. And possibly the best series finale I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait to watch it again. 

I should really get around to watching this, been meaning to for years

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 1:48 PM, Tetsujin said:

Very good S2 Yellowjackets finale. Two more seasons are in the works.

I really liked the finale also. I have a feeling S3 will end up being the best b/c we're seeing the two main arcs really starting to get moving.

Spoiler

Since we haven't seen Ben as an older person, we have to assume the girls know what he did to the cabin and take him out. I also think there might be two factions that happen as a result of this act and maybe some join him? We only see the 6 girls alive (well, 5 now which I was very surprised they killed her off) and Travis so we have to be lead to believe that majority of those girls were killed out there. The show definitely has some major plot holes but I'm not too concerned about that as it is an entertaining show. Misty and Walter were amazing this season. Looking forward to more of them

18 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I really liked the finale also. I have a feeling S3 will end up being the best b/c we're seeing the two main arcs really starting to get moving.

Hide contents

Since we haven't seen Ben as an older person, we have to assume the girls know what he did to the cabin and take him out. I also think there might be two factions that happen as a result of this act and maybe some join him? We only see the 6 girls alive (well, 5 now which I was very surprised they killed her off) and Travis so we have to be lead to believe that majority of those girls were killed out there. The show definitely has some major plot holes but I'm not too concerned about that as it is an entertaining show. Misty and Walter were amazing this season. Looking forward to more of them

Spoiler

Misty was unable to find Krystal's body at the bottom of the precipice. I'd like to know what happened with her.

They showed a girl in Episode 1 running (presumably chased) and fall into a pit. I assume that's either Mari or the other dark haired girl that doesn't get much screen time.

And I read that there's 5 total seasons in the works. 

Edited by Tetsujin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:
  Hide contents

Misty was unable to find Krystal's body at the bottom of the precipice. I'd like to know what happened with her.

They showed a girl in Episode 1 running (presumably chased) and fall into a pit. I assume that's either Mari or the other dark haired girl that doesn't get much screen time.

And I read that there's 5 total seasons in the works. 

Spoiler

Yep, I keep going back to that first scene w/ the girl being chased wearing the necklace. I would need to rewatch it to see how many people are in that shot. I think we're getting to that point next season. IIRC they never showed any faces either so we don't know who is who in those "outfits". I feel like there's a ton of stuff I'm missing as well. They've perfectly lined up the antlers above the fireplace over almost every main character's head, I feel like. I bet there's also a ton of symbolism I don't notice. This show is fairly clever in their ideas and the way it's shot so I'm fairly certain of this.

I am also curious if they're going to find Krystal as well. Seems like it's something that could really come back in the future as they kinda just didn't care about finding her after that one episode (could be one of those plotholes I mentioned before). 

Didn't realize it was 5 seasons either. That is awesome. I thought we only had 3 lined up but if they've got 3 more seasons of stuff, that is interesting b/c I'm not sure where in the world they could go. I just hope they don't drag it out too much.

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Forgot all about the last season of animal kingdom so watching it now. Have no interest in Smurf, poor when they were younger storyline so skipping through most of it.

Show was built to be on a streaming network like starz, then got kneecapped by being on basic cable 

ITYSL S3 is very good. Watched it all the way through only once so far. I'm looking forward to hitting harder and harder the more I watch, like the past 2 seasons.

Best sketches so far after 1 watch are the nude egg, summer fling, and the pay it forward line.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 12:37 AM, Forge said:

Citadel is bad. The action is particularly egregious, the dialogue is mostly awful. There could have been something at least fun in here, but they whiffed. 

I feel like I've watched a few of these type shows lately and this is the worst (so far- I'm only 3 episodes in)

I can't believe this is what the Russo Bros invested their time in.   I was relieved it was only 6 eps - short enough to finish it, but man, that was hot trash full of tropes, terrible writing and uber-predictable story-telling.   Ugh.

Gotta say, other than Jack Ryan & The Boys, not much on Prime exclusives current lineup that they can really point to as successes (past stuff like Bosch and Man in the High Castle, obviously were great).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I can't believe this is what the Russo Bros invested their time in.   I was relieved it was only 6 eps - short enough to finish it, but man, that was hot trash full of tropes, terrible writing and uber-predictable story-telling.   Ugh.

Gotta say, other than Jack Ryan & The Boys, not much on Prime exclusives current lineup that they can really point to as successes (past stuff like Bosch and Man in the High Castle, obviously were great).

Is Jack Ryan worth the watch? Need a new show.

18 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Is Jack Ryan worth the watch? Need a new show.

Season 1 is wonderful. 

Season 2 is good, but not as good as season 1. 

Haven't watched 3 yet...for some reason the preview and trailer just didn't get me overly hyped for it. I'll probably watch before season 4 though.