What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 6/1/2023 at 12:41 PM, thrILL! said:

AAAABYTMiA9APrDw6P350TAxs4bL9zbUPtsv0rZV

tbh I be was leery that this might be another corny political drama like Madame Secretary but instead, the sophisticated writing, tone & style reminded more of Zero Dark Thirty.  Keri Russell is great in the lead, as is David Gyasi as the Britush Foreign Secretary, but it’s Rufus Sewell who steals the show as Russell’s husband/former ambassador.   Binged it in 3 nights and can’t wait for s2.  

I was pleasantly surprised by this show. I watched it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty good. I agree that Russell and Sewell are wonderful. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Beef looked dumber than **** to me

I enjoyed Beef, though truthfully not typically my bag because both of them are insanely easy to dislike. Its hard for me to deal with a show when there aren't people I actually like following along to (it's the primary reason that I didn't like season one of white lotus). 

I was probably able to deal since it was just those two for the most part. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was pleasantly surprised by this show. I watched it a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty good. I agree that Russell and Sewell are wonderful. 

I liked that it didn’t lean too heavy on twists, turns and red herrings in the way that Mare of Easttown did (too much).  Every move the Diplomat characters make in their investigation feels both organic and tactical.     These characters are really good at their jobs. The writing is very smart.  The stakes feel real.  Good cliffhanger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I enjoyed Beef, though truthfully not typically my bag because both of them are insanely easy to dislike. Its hard for me to deal with a show when there aren't people I actually like following along to (it's the primary reason that I didn't like season one of white lotus). 

I was probably able to deal since it was just those two for the most part. 

Pretty much. Just zero interest in that to type of show. I've established quite often that I'm a character driven viewer so the show just looked pointless and dumb to me. 

Same reason why I have no desire to watch White Lotus. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

In what world do I scream reality tv? I think we've long established that we have vastly different tastes in practically everything. 

I googled "insipid show that a beef fan wouldnt like"

Bar rescue (whatever that is) was the first hit

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 6:49 PM, beekay414 said:

I am rewatching The League since I'm sicker than hell and, my lord, I forgot what a gold mine Taco is. Kevin's facial acting is also off the charts. I straight up died after this...

I also forgot how much it fell off in the last few seasons. One season left. Gonna power through and get 'er done tomorrow.