4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Black Mirror season 6 rankings for me

1. Episode 1 - Joan is Awful

2. Episode 2  - Loch Henry

3.  Episode 3 - Beyond the Sea

4. Episode 4 - Mazey Day

I haven’t had a Netflick in weeks so I haven’t seen the last one 

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

They are all good in their own way though.

Agreed, I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the Netflix BM hasn’t been great like the Miley Cyrus one or the uber driver wedding one but this whole season felt like Black Mirror 

• Like 1

The Bear season 2 was incredible. The Seven Fishes episode is probably the best episode of TV this year. No one else is doing it like them right now. Incredible cast, and absolutely phenomenal direction. It's up there with my favorite shows of all time, honestly. 

Started and finished I'm A Virgo yesterday. I will forever watch anything and everything Boots Riley makes. His stuff is so unique and crazy and fun. It's also always got a true north pointing moral compass. It's funny, because the show literally, at certain points, hits you over the head with its message to such a level that it might be better to call it a bludgeoning. But it STILL didn't really come off as preachy to me. Maybe it is because the real problems of the show are still so grounded? I'm not sure, but Boots does a really good job. Olivia Washington is awesome, as is Kara Young. And of course Walton Goggins rules, as always. I don't think the show is as good as Sorry to Bother You, but its still very good. I hope they get a second season. There's a lot more to explore there. Also, Elijah Wood has the cameo of the year potentially. So funny. 

It's worth pointing out that the music in both of these shows are on point. Incredible selections and use in The Bear season 2, especially with the extended focus on The Replacements. In I'm A Virgo, Boots I know did some of it himself, but it was mostly the Tune-Yards making the music, and they are so insanely good. They're like controlled, melodic noise. It's really fun. 

• Like 1

maxresdefault.jpg

Finished s1.  I love the concept and have always been a huge NASA fan.   The writing and acting gets very CW-esque at times tho lol. Curious to see where this series goes with the pending time-jumps.  

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Finished s1.  I love the concept and have always been a huge NASA fan.   The writing and acting gets very CW-esque at times tho lol. Curious to see where this series goes with the pending time-jumps.  

I enjoy it but I stick it out with my shows if I like the concept. I'm waiting on season 4. Molly's my favorite tho lol.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Started watching Warrior on HBO and I hate myself for waiting so long. 

I started watching it a while ago, liked it, forgot about it, have since watched Banshee in its entirety, and now I am getting back into Warrior since I heard it is coming back with a 3rd season. I have a newfound appreciation for it now after having watching Banshee.