What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

8 hours ago, adamq said:

I've tried breaking bad several times and never made it past 5 or 6 episodes. It feels almost like a Weeds rip off.  Except none of the characters are likeable or really even interesting. Don't even feel bad for Walt, he had outs besides slinging meth

now, Sunny is an outstanding show.. the season that is running currently has been knocking it out of the park every week.. but you definitely want to start from the beginning 

I’ve gotten through the first few seasons of IASIP, but inevitably get overwhelmed by how many seasons there are and give up.

16 hours ago, adamq said:

I've tried breaking bad several times and never made it past 5 or 6 episodes. It feels almost like a Weeds rip off.  Except none of the characters are likeable or really even interesting. Don't even feel bad for Walt, he had outs besides slinging meth

now, Sunny is an outstanding show.. the season that is running currently has been knocking it out of the park every week.. but you definitely want to start from the beginning 

The first time I watched BB I was kinda ready to give up, but a friend suggested getting through at least the middle of season 2.  It definitely got better then with the Tuco storyline.

Now that Better Call Saul is done, maybe watch those first and jump into BB.

Edited by INbengalfan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, packerstk7 said:

I’ve gotten through the first few seasons of IASIP, but inevitably get overwhelmed by how many seasons there are and give up.

The episodes are like 20 minutes long and they typically only do 10 a season from what I remember. That's nothing to be overwhelmed by, and it's honestly why their "longest running" record doesn't mean all that much to me.

On 7/18/2023 at 9:51 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Relieved that "The Blacklist" is finally over.  I stayed with it through the entire run, and I'm actually glad that it is over.  It could/should have been wrapped up a few years ago, and I stuck with it out of morbid curiousity. 

I didn’t even realize the final season started to air. Guess I have some catching up to do. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Batman: mask of the phantasm 

I just asked Google and found this out last night. Watched it and I no longer want to watch the Batman animated series. I now want to watch that X-men animated series. I should’ve gotten Disney+ instead.

36 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I just asked Google and found this out last night. Watched it and I no longer want to watch the Batman animated series. I now want to watch that X-men animated series. I should’ve gotten Disney+ instead.

I remember liking the movie a lot as a kid but haven't heard or thought about it since. What about it turned you off of the rest of the Batman series? 

42 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I remember liking the movie a lot as a kid but haven't heard or thought about it since. What about it turned you off of the rest of the Batman series? 

It just seems a notch too kid friendly and absurd. I didn’t like all Joker’s gadgets. The animation and storytelling (overall) was great, but I was just looking for something more adult like the ones where they up the violence and thematic maturity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

It just seems a notch too kid friendly and absurd. I didn’t like all Joker’s gadgets. The animation and storytelling (overall) was great, but I was just looking for something more adult like the ones where they up the violence and thematic maturity.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think you’re going to get that out of the X-Men series either. You might want to watch Batman: The Killing Joke if you haven’t already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think you’re going to get that out of the X-Men series either. You might want to watch Batman: The Killing Joke if you haven’t already.

I know on the X-Men thing, but at least with that it would be full of nostalgia and I could get enjoyment out of that aspect.