What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 12/4/2023 at 6:44 PM, MikeT14 said:

Happened to me again on a show. I hated this episode of Barry (season 2, episode 5). Was the worst episode so far to me. It’s the highest rated on IMDb lol

And Season 3 is not good. I’m not sure why people liked this show so much honestly. 

edit: lol it’s literally the worst of the season for me and it’s the highest rated on IMDb. I’m convinced I don’t get it and am just an idiot 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

And Season 3 is not good. I’m not sure why people liked this show so much honestly. 

edit: lol it’s literally the worst of the season for me and it’s the highest rated on IMDb. I’m convinced I don’t get it and am just an idiot 

I liked the whole series and im smart so 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Watched season 1 of Trapped the Icelandic crime-drama.  Murders, politics, a storm that traps everyone together in a small town, including the murderer.  Very well done and looks beautiful.  Great acting and obviously it's best to watch with subtitles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm kinda late but Reacher is excellent. Really enjoying it

It's good but dear god do they repeat certain dialogue over and over to the point it gets annoying.

• Like 2

Wife and I have been trying to find a decent Sitcom to watch.  Man it's brutal out there in Sitcom land.

Waiting on Animal Control.  I know it's coming back and we enjoyed that one.

We are trying Extended Family.   It's really, really bad.  I can't get over how much the lead actress looks like Michael Jackson.  Old Michael Jackson.  It's scary.  And the timing is really bad.  It's almost unwatchable.

Night Court.  We still watch it, but it's just meh.  As in it's not bad, but it's also not good.  Which for today's sitcoms probably means it is good.

We liked Mister Mayor.  But that doesn't appear to be coming back.

Am I missing any to try out?

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

I want to say I read one of them a long time ago. Enjoyed it.

I've read over half the series (had to take a break) and it's pretty cookie cutter. You can go 200 pages before you realize you've already read one of them lol.

Edited by beekay414

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

We are trying Extended Family.   It's really, really bad.  I can't get over how much the lead actress looks like Michael Jackson.  Old Michael Jackson.  It's scary.  And the timing is really bad.  It's almost unwatchable.

The pilot was okay but the following 2 eps were soooo bad. I couldn’t even finish ep3 with the video game subplot.   And isn’t it hilarious how the owner of the Boston Celtics has nothing but free time and is always around?  🤣

• Like 1

Better Call Saul was nominated for 53 Emmys over it's tenure and didn't win one. Lost to the trash that was Succession tonight. This is why I don't watch award shows. BCS was better than Succession is every way, shape, and form and it's not even close IMO. 

Remarkable a show that good didn't win a single Emmy. Glad I watched a blowout playoff game instead 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

They are all terrible and theres so much better

We started watching "Ghosts" last year.  That is a good one.  Probably the best we've found in a while.

And to whoever it was that said to stop watching Dexter after Season 4?    OMG!  We just finished it.  Watched the first episode of Season 5.  Dullsville.  We are going to keep going, though.  Until it hits the lows of Arrested Development at the end, we will watch.