What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Just finished watching the punisher. 
season 1 was one of the best seasons of any show I’ve ever watched.  Brilliant, action packed…

honestly, before even starting to watch season 2, I wish it would’ve been just 1 season because in my mind, it was a masterpiece and should’ve just ended that way. 
season 2 was way too clunky, started out good, but then they were driving too many plot lines between frank v John and frank v Russo. The John story was very interesting, but between episodes 7-11, he was barely shown. I also wish frank would’ve went back to see his chick from the start of the season.

i don’t watch too many shows, so when I get done with one I feel empty. Sucks. 

any other thoughts on the punisher? 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 7:36 PM, Tugboat said:

Nah.  Shoresy is good, but Letterkenny is still a clear tier above on the whole.  A lot more seasons of Letterkenny, so there are a few in there that don't quite hold up as well.  But the average is better and broader in subject matter, and the best of Lettekenny absolutely blows the best of Shoresy out of the water.

I feel like there are parts of Shoresy that are trying way too hard to be a little bit more "serious" and end up just kind of boring tbh.

Wrong

On 6/10/2024 at 7:57 AM, MikeT14 said:

Does anyone else still watch Outer Range? We're half way through season 2, and I am starting to wonder the purpose of the slow burn behind this?

I just recently finished it. Can’t lie I was very confused for most of it. But was strangely committed to keep watching. The answers I think they thought they were providing weren’t answers at all. Yet I stayed the course for some reason. Until the ending. It does answer just enough to bring it to a conclusion. Or just enough to push more seasons. Yeah it kind of answers what you need to know. 

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I just recently finished it. Can’t lie I was very confused for most of it. But was strangely committed to keep watching. The answers I think they thought they were providing weren’t answers at all. Yet I stayed the course for some reason. Until the ending. It does answer just enough to bring it to a conclusion. Or just enough to push more seasons. Yeah it kind of answers what you need to know. 

Finished as well and I agree. It answered stuff if not in a convoluted way. I would imagine the next season is the last. I don’t know how much is left. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 1:43 AM, TitanLegend said:

I'm not sure if this exactly matches what you're looking for, but 1883 is an adventure show set in, well, 1883, that follows a group of people traveling across the uncharted parts of the United States and all the difficulties involved with that(so covers history in that kind of term I guess/the difficulties of that time frame). To my understanding though the media you mentioned is people in modern times interacting with historical things.

It's a Yellowstone prequel, but you don't need to have seen Yellowstone to watch it. The only real notable reference to Yellowstone is the main family in the group are ancestors of the family in Yellowstone.

I enjoy(still enjoying, I guess, waiting on the final season) Yellowstone, but I think 1883 is a clear step above, if not multiple steps in quality.

Was able to find the Librarian movie series, and tv show. Not the best quality, but the premise is exactly what I’m looking for. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Finished as well and I agree. It answered stuff if not in a convoluted way. I would imagine the next season is the last. I don’t know how much is left. 

Is there a third season?  Actually they set it up just perfectly either way. They answered just enough to cancel and left just enough to move it further. 

On 6/14/2024 at 9:37 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Ha! I powered thru all the episodes - not because it was Must Watch TV - but just to kill them off.

I've encountered three episodic series recently that I finished "just because."

American Rust
Hijack
Outer Range

The story lines were convoluted messes that seemingly were dragged out simply to reach a number of episodes. I was amazed they produced a season 2 of American Rust - watched some of the first episode - couldnt believe they were actually carrying this thing on - then fast forwarded thru the remaining episodes simply so it would disappear off the list of shows to continue.

Edited by Leader

On 6/13/2024 at 9:30 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

Just finished watching the punisher. 
season 1 was one of the best seasons of any show I’ve ever watched.  Brilliant, action packed…

honestly, before even starting to watch season 2, I wish it would’ve been just 1 season because in my mind, it was a masterpiece and should’ve just ended that way. 
season 2 was way too clunky, started out good, but then they were driving too many plot lines between frank v John and frank v Russo. The John story was very interesting, but between episodes 7-11, he was barely shown. I also wish frank would’ve went back to see his chick from the start of the season.

i don’t watch too many shows, so when I get done with one I feel empty. Sucks. 

any other thoughts on the punisher? 

The one with shane from the walking dead?

I liked it at first but lost interest yeah

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Under rated show

I find myself ffwding through the court scenes simply bcuz of how ridiculous many of the cases are. I’m more interested in the characters outside of court during this rewatch.