DirecTV could keep Sunday Ticket on a non-exclusive basis

pf9

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Wish they had something like MLB.TV or NBA Game Pass where you pay a FRACTION of the price to just get 1 teams games for the whole season.

yep. a la carte item to buy 1 team + redzone would be great

would probably get me to stop streaming it... elsewhere

Edited by Derptacular

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Wish they had something like MLB.TV or NBA Game Pass where you pay a FRACTION of the price to just get 1 teams games for the whole season.

Gamepass used too offer this. 25 for only access to one team and 40 for access for all teams. But it's crap now for 60% more.

We were just talking about this in the Bears sub recently when I went on an angry rant about it lol.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, Matts4313 said:

People who dont live in major cities, I would assume. 

Yep. I live in the country, and internet streaming speed is very low, so I don't really have much of an option for out of market games than to go this route.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Get starlink when it's available.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It requires a VERY sizeable deposit and monthly cost. My across the street neighbor is in the process of getting it within the next 12 months.

Thanks boomer for explaining to the child how real life works. 

(kidding, 🥰)

On 10/24/2021 at 10:26 PM, Derptacular said:

yep. a la carte item to buy 1 team + redzone would be great

would probably get me to stop streaming it... elsewhere

same here.  i've always thought a PPV system would actually make them more money, as I would not have any issue paying 5-10 bucks a week for my out of market games.  always harder to spend the money up front, but on the day of, I could see myself impulse buying my team's game virtually every time they were not on in my area.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 10:32 PM, bungleodeon said:

I would not have any issue paying 5-10 bucks a week for my out of market games.

It will likely be much more expensive than that.
The number I saw from Sports Biz Journal was $ 39 for annual enrollment fee and then $19.95 per game...which is actually more expensive than the current system where you get every game. Pretty lame- but they have to cover the massive rights fees they pay to the NFL for the privilege of getting that package

On 10/22/2021 at 6:06 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

Is anyone keeping directv for any other reason? The day SundayTicket is streaming ima set that dish on fire.

Yes, I keep it for their sports packages.

DirecTV better keep the Sunday Ticket. I've gotten it free since 2012 and plan on getting it free for more years to come lol.