Week 8: Cowboys (5-1) at VIKINGS (3-3)

swede700

17 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Playing Mond now, with Zimmer as coach, and Klint Kubiak calling the plays would HURT his development (and maybe his body, too).  They'd need a new coaching staff that believes in attacking down the field on offence, and knows how to develop young QBs.

I said the ISSUE is the coaching staff!!!!

Hello.......

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Another game where the defense has a great game for 55+ minutes, yet completely falls apart on the final drive. 

It would be nice if the offense would help out, but nah.

We aren't going anywhere this year. Things need to change once the season ends. Spielman and Zimmer did some good things for us but its time to move on soon.

Remember a few weeks ago when I said Zimmer lost the locker room and players don’t like to play for him? Looks like I was right. People need to start waking up. We’ve wasted players careers and draft picks on a coach who has no clue what he’s doing. Zero creative. Zero ability to manage players. Zero ability to manage the game.

Bye Mike Zimmer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

You can feel a little better, we only scored a FG

Had The Vikings scored a TD on that drive, they might have ended up winning the game.  But THAT might have allowed Zimmer to stick around longer.  The Vikings need to get rid of him as soon as possible.  I'm worried about the morale of the team, and them just playing out the season with no energy at all, because of the hopeless lack of leadership from the coaching staff,(especially Zimmer), and the good young players all wanting to leave, like Diggs did.  They have a decent young nucleus, with Jefferson, Darrisaw, Davis, Jones, O'Neill, Cleveland, Hunter, Mond, maybe Dantzler, and they don't need to rebuild the team from scratch - just re-tool, with a new coaching staff, new QB, and a couple key just-after-rookie contracts-up FA signings in key positions.  But the sooner they get started on that track, the better.  They will go nowhere with Zimmer.

On 11/1/2021 at 12:29 PM, VikeManDan said:

This or the NFCCG against the Eagles. I'm sure there are some other contenders as well.

The week 17 Bears game was another moment.

While the OL wasn't great during the game. Kirk check down on a lot of plays where WR's were open. The pass to Ham, Thielen was open right behind Ham. 

Edited by dc_vikingfan
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 1:57 AM, viking said:

Just watched the game, Zimmer defenders where you at?

I've been saying it all season it's time for him to go, Mikes March of Mediocrity is over.

I have not seen one defender of Zim since this game is over.  Some think he's fired now, others later.  But no defenders, they've all hopped off that bus.  Myself included. 

24 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

I have not seen one defender of Zim since this game is over.  Some think he's fired now, others later.  But no defenders, they've all hopped off that bus.  Myself included. 

Yeah, some people think that those who acknowledge the reality that Zimmer isn't likely to get fired until the season is over (or eliminated from playoff contention, at the earliest) are "Zimmer defenders." Hell, most everyone has wanted him gone this season. Some are just smart enough to know it's highly unlikely to happen for a while.