Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Dillon Gabriel just switched his commitment to Oklahoma on the day that Caleb Williams announced he was entering the portal. 

Coincidence I Think Not GIF

Oh I saw that, but my question still stands.

It wasn't really a question though. I'm just disagreeing with you. Caleb wasn't going back to Oklahoma. Writing was on the wall. Better to grab someone than to be left with no one. 

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Literally what rational reason do these kids not have to be able to move all they want? They're not being paid, they're not professionals, this isn't their "job". Why should a player care about the competitive balance of the sport, why should we care? 

Except they are being paid now 

Edit: and let's stop trying to not say these kids weren't all being paid "illegally" beforehand lol. I know many people who played in the B1G and they all say they got paid and benefits. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

osu lands a 5* transfer qb who leads them to two cfp appearances in two years

osu fans: crickets

other 5* qbs enter the portal

osu fans: hey now

I disagreed with Fields being able to transfer. I wasn't complaining he went to OSU but I wasn't a fan of him being able to transfer even if the accusations were true

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

And if they lie to you? The location turns out not to be a fit? The scheme changes? You lose your spot? 

There are a ton of variables that go into this stuff. Kids can move as freely as they want since coaches have that same right. The system was broken PRIOR to the transfer portal, not because of it. The transfer portal, and immediate eligibility, is a remedy to an archaic system where players were bound by their LOIs and scholarships but coaches were able to move freely for better opportunities. Giving the kids leverage is better than giving guys like Dabo Swinney complete control.

If they lie? I would suggest they needed to do better research then adapt if the scheme isn't what they thought. Schemes change all the time, everywhere. Not sure that's a reason to throw your hands up and go somewhere else. In fact, I'd suggest it's a horrible reason

You think they can move freely and I think there needs to be limitations. Nothing wrong with disagreeing. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781