Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

12 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The literal post before this one you talk about how everybody was being paid and that you don't recognize the inherent irony in the contradictions in your position is amusing to me.

I'm glad it's amusing to you. It's also a very broad statement. No one said they were making millions or anything lol. The amounts, according to them, were very small but that's subjective. if you know of a program illegally paying more than the other, and it's influence over programs being able to recruit better, speak up. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

38 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I would suggest they needed to do better research then adapt if the scheme isn't what they thought

lol

38 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You think they can move freely and I think there needs to be limitations. Nothing wrong with disagreeing. 

Are you going to put the same limitations on coaches then too? Or do they get a free pass unlike the kids that get them paid?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Are you going to put the same limitations on coaches then too? Or do they get a free pass unlike the kids that get them paid?

I don't view the two as the same so I don't think they need to treated as so. I would think it's more mutual as well. I don't think one gets the other paid as you stated. I think they help each other achieve their goals ergo getting them paid. I guess you could use the labels "professional" and "amateurs" here....

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Bc I don't want it to further decrease the parity even if it were OSU. I would prefer to promote ideas that increase parity. Maybe this will accomplish that but I don't see how

Then they need universal standards in recruiting. Academics qualifications need to be universal and the schools educational system can't override it. They need to have 100% implemented universal scholarship standards as well. None of this "processing" a kid. 

I just feel that if coaches can move freely to take "better" opportunities, then the kids deserve the same opportunities. There's no reason we should limit how often, or when, or where a kid can move but not place limitations on coaches moving. It's entirely unreasonable that a grown *** man gets to change his mind, and get paid a **** ton of money to do so, but a 18-23 year old kid can't.

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't view the two as the same so I don't think they need to treated as so.

You're right. One side consists of grown *** men allowed to change their minds and dip out while the other side consists of kids bound to contracts that can be revoked at any time.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

You're right. One side consists of grown *** men allowed to change their minds and dip out while the other side consists of kids bound to contracts that can be revoked at any time.

These kids will make their money (now in college as well) if they're good enough to. If they can't, then they can go into coaching and attempt to build their career in that profession. 

We literally A) just had a news story run today  about the rampant nepotism making moving up through the ranks of coaching nigh impossible and B) come on you don't actually believe any of that nonsense. Coaches make $40M + these kids aren't pulling anywhere near that and will never pull anywhere near that.

The notion that player movement is just because of the selfish players ruining the sanctity of our hallowed and pure sport (lmao) is always so funny because as always it's labor you have a problem with and not those that have profited from the exploitation of that labor for decades without recourse.

The idea that the teams aren't also for it and thus, render the entire thing moot, is funny.

You absolutely did not care about any of this with Fields and you absolutely will not care when you get whatever big name guy comes to OSU in a month. Stop pretending this matters to you. That you care about "parity". Why should you? You root for ONE team, I don't care if the rest of the B1G is good or whatever and why should I. I don't care that Bama is the champ every year from some kind of nonsense moral standpoint about the nature of competition or w/e, and I certainly don't think that pretending to care is going to do anything.

This is the sport, this has literally always been the sport, the it is now shifting ever so slightly in VERY FEW favorable elements towards labor changes nothing.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

You absolutely did not care about any of this with Fields 

Can you show me where I said I agreed with the rules at that time? Being glad someone used the available rules isn't the same as agreeing with them. Granted Fields situation was rather unique and I would consider that the exception but that isn't important. You just made a statement with "absolute" certainty and I don't recall ever saying I agreed with the rules. Looks like I might be wrong though. Feel free to show me since you are "absolutely" certain. 

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Bc I don't want it to further decrease the parity even if it were OSU. I would prefer to promote ideas that increase parity. Maybe this will accomplish that but I don't see how

Most players from blue blood programs that transfer don't go to another blue blood. It happens but that is a rarity. It gives the "lesser" teams a shot at a top athlete. And it gives the athlete a chance to show what he can do to NFL FOs. You only have 4 years to show what you got and you want them to just sit on the bench the whole the time, that is dumb