Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We've got a team that's won 6 national titles, about to be 7, in 13 years. Super teams have already been created lol.

Give the kids free choice to where they can go. Coaches are allowed to leave all willy nilly but when the players do it, it's a problem. 

And To'o To'o certainly helped. Ricks will surely help next year as well. The super teams already being created are done as the system is intended. If that's flawed, don't make it even easier for them to achieve it. 

You'll see my edit to suggest I agree with your second statement as long as it's together. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You'll see my edit to suggest I agree with your second statement as long as it's together. 

And what happens if the position coach that recruits you leaves? Or the coach lies to you and doesn't hold up his end of the bargain once he gets you on campus?

The kids should be able to move freely just like the coaches. 

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And what happens if the position coach that recruits you leaves? Or the coach lies to you and doesn't hold up his end of the bargain once he gets you on campus?

The kids should be able to move freely just like the coaches. 

If the coach who recruits you leaves, that off-season, I'm good with it. That makes sense to me. 

Some standouts from the portal outside of the obvious ones.

Brandon Joseph SOPH S Northwestern

Jaxon Player SR DT Tulsa

Grant Wells FR QB Marshall 

Darryl Jones SR WR Maryland

Clearly Joseph is an absolutely superstar and will be very curious where he ends up, stinks for Northwestern but the lack of Hankwitz as the DC anymore I think had to be a huge deal for Joseph.  And Player is one hell of a DT, super athletic that can really get into the backfield and get after the QB.

Players already committed, class was what they were this year:

Casey Thompson RS JR QB Nebraska - from Texas

Ajou Ajou SOPH WR South Florida - from Clemson

Ryan Watts RS FR S Texas - from Ohio State

Reese Taylor SR CB Purdue - from Indiana

Jason Brown SR QB Virginia Tech - from South Carolina

O'Cyrus Torrence SR OG Florida - from Louisiana

Watts could be a super star, Thompson was a good get for Nebraska and Ajou is surprising he went to USF but should get tons of opportunities if they find a QB somehow.  

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

You root for OSU, the idea that you haven't constructed or root for a "super team" is asinine. 

osu lands a 5* transfer qb who leads them to two cfp appearances in two years

osu fans: crickets

other 5* qbs enter the portal

osu fans: hey now

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If the coach who recruits you leaves, that off-season, I'm good with it. That makes sense to me. 

And if they lie to you? The location turns out not to be a fit? The scheme changes? You lose your spot? 

There are a ton of variables that go into this stuff. Kids can move as freely as they want since coaches have that same right. The system was broken PRIOR to the transfer portal, not because of it. The transfer portal, and immediate eligibility, is a remedy to an archaic system where players were bound by their LOIs and scholarships but coaches were able to move freely for better opportunities. Giving the kids leverage is better than giving guys like Dabo Swinney complete control.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Which coach though? HC? Coordinator? Position coach? The one that was actually lead on recruiting? A lot of coaches have an effect on where a player chooses to sign

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

Gotta rep EDGE Arnold Ebiketie as well.

Ebiketie, sorry for the confusion but those guys I listed are new entries into the portral from this year 2022, not guys who were in the portal last year and played a full season on a new team.  Unless Ebiketie transferred again but I assume he will be entering the draft correct.  

I would say these guys were some of the best transfers from this past season.

Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR
Kenneth Walker III Michigan State JR RB
Arnold Ebiketie Penn State SR DE
Jermaine Johnson Florida State SR DE
Siaki Ika Baylor RS SOPH NT
Jelani Woods Virginia RS JR
Chance Campbell Ole Miss SR ILB
Jack Coan Notre Dame SR RB
John Ridgeway Arkansas RS SR NT
Henry To'o To'o Alabama JR ILB
Jack Gibbens Minnesota RS SR ILB
Will Levis Kentucky RS JR QB
Hendon Hooker Tennessee RS SR QB
Chez Mellusi Wisconsin JR RB
Zach Kuntz Old Dominion RS SOPH TE

27 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Chip finally got an upgrade over DTR and he’s already lost him. 

What?  That seems very odd, also odd is how a transfer and just switch back and forth like that.  Very strange, so if Gabriel is going there almost seems like Caleb Williams is gone, what is he going to USC or something, clearly thinks a defensive head coach is not going to help him improve even though they love him at Oklahoma.