Week 8 GDT Eagles @ Lions: Srianni's knee caps are in danger.

BugzBunny101

28 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

We didn't waste a 2nd rd pick on Minshew. No reason other then injury for him to sniff the field this year, period.

Hurts sucks, gets cut Minshew can be the bridge to whatever QB we waste another pick on. Otherwise sit the bench.

As I said, only if he’s looking good. The tie-in is Hurts would be looking bad (as he has).

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

We didn't waste a 2nd rd pick on Minshew. No reason other then injury for him to sniff the field this year, period.

Hurts sucks, gets cut Minshew can be the bridge to whatever QB we waste another pick on. Otherwise sit the bench.

Having another QB play can MAYBE clear up our coaching and WR situation. Do these WRs suck or does QB not see them? Does this offense suck or can Hurts not run it.

I see no reason not to give Hurts until the bye*, Minshew last 4 games if he continues struggling. That’d give him full season worth of plays. Like you said we invested 2nd in Hurts so absolutely should make extra effort to make it work.

*unless you think WRs development is being stunted. Which I personally think is overplayed narrative. I feel like for a WR a majority of their room to grow lies with what they do before the ball Is thrown. 

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't understand why you all are ready to move on from Hurts? Give him the entire season to SUCK or IMPROVE so we know whether or not he can be counted on for the 2022 season or cut after this season with yet another wasted MF pick on a QB.

Acting as though You already know that answer after 10 starts is a GD Joke. 

There’s plenty I liked about Hurts last year. Loved his decision making and leadership. But, as everyone and anyone can see, he’s limited. He’s either got the Ben Simmons block that he doesn’t want to do the things that he could potentially fail at or he can’t actually do them. Either way, he’s not doing them. The coaching staff, which I’m not confident in either, isn’t giving him the opportunities to do them because they KNOW he’s limited. Or they don’t trust him to make throws. All very very bad signs to me. Red flags even. 

What we know? Great kid, strong leader, mature, good athlete, decent runner, limited arm, suspect confidence, play calling is coaching around his limitations. 

All paints a picture of a backup in this league. Unless he starts, at least the coaching starts, utilizing middle of the field he’ll be predictable and limited in this league. Not worth investing more time into, imo. He’s never going to be able to change that he can’t zip into small windows. Maybe he can get more accurate but that’s going to take some work. If dude had a cannon and was wild and confident (Jared Allen), I’d give him the year. But he’s not and doesn’t. I’ve seen enough. Maybe it’s pulling the trigger early but I need to know about Sirianni now. I’ve seen the QB and I know he isn’t good. Now I have to see about my coach before committing another year to this offense and staff. Only having a different QB is going to give me that opportunity. That’s my focus now. 

Edited by Jroc04
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, oland11 said:

Not like we got to see much of Wallace but now our safeties are back to full strength. 

I wonder if Howard will actually see any rushing attempts this game. 

would be hilarious if for some reason howard got like 30 carries

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Not sure which is more likely to occur?

Sirianni actually calling 30 running plays?

Or

Howard physically being able to carry 30 running plays before breaking?

6 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Truthfully, I expect we'll see a good number more carries today since the Lions are an even worse team than us and I expect us to be playing with a lead. Just gotta hope that Gannon's defense continues to mess up and give the Lions the win.

This match-up kinda worries me cause it’s on the road and the Lions aren’t as bad as their record and they play hard. They lost last second heartbreakers to the Ravens and Vikings. They were competitive with the Rams last week. They are desperate for that first win.

I also think the way we play defense giving teams the stuff in front plays into how Detroit wants to do things. Goff is quick to the checkdown too, so I could see him killing us with passes out to the flat to D’Andre Swift which could result into lots of YAC. Jamaal Williams is the better between the tackle runner of the two, so he’ll probably run pretty effectively on us too.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy