Favorite NETFLIX shows

JDLefebvre

13 minutes ago, NewAge said:

House of Cards tbh

I'm embarrassed I haven't seen this, I've heard so many good things. 

I'm stoked for Stranger Things season 2.

Jessica Jones was really good.

I like F is for Family.

I still want to watch a bunch of stuff. Peaky Blinders, The Killing (quit about halfway into season 2 IIRC), my sister-in-law loves The Ranch, but I'm unsure. I'll probably try it at some point.

I haven't watched all of them, obviously, but my personal favorites are:

Master of None. This is probably number one on the list. There are very few episodes I haven't enjoyed. 

The Last Kingdom. Kind of new for me, I only watched them a few months back. Loved them. It can be a little jarring how much time elapses in just an episode, but I've enjoyed the series so much I started purchasing the books. I'm not a super duper fan of Uhtred, oddly enough, but I Love that they make him so flawed. While he's a decent guy, more or less, he definitely makes some questionable decisions and quite a few mistakes. Sometimes, hes a little less than a "good guy". 

Love Daredevil...didn't like Jessica Jones as much as most, but I thought it was still solid. I thought the first half of Luke Cage was really good before falling apart in the back half, though I couldn't get into Iron Fist much. 

Glow was delightfully entertaining. 

Sense8 had some good moments. The episodes weren't all winners, and I definitely have to be a in a certain frame of mind to get through the episodes, but I've more or less enjoyed the series. 

Stranger Things started off slow, but I did eventually binge it all. Love I was largely disappointed in. First couple of seasons of House of Cards I really enjoyed. 

Stranger Things for me is the best Netflix show. I really liked the build to that show and the wonderful 80's feel and tone of the horror. I'm very excited for the next season, especially after the Comic Con trailer that just looked wonderful. It's probably a show that is enhanced by liking the 80's, but they do a good job of crafting and intertwining three stories together without doing the somewhat standard trope of one age range, kids, teens, or adults, being just idiots.

7 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I'm embarrassed I haven't seen this, I've heard so many good things. 

I'm stoked for Stranger Things season 2.

Jessica Jones was really good.

I like F is for Family.

I still want to watch a bunch of stuff. Peaky Blinders, The Killing (quit about halfway into season 2 IIRC), my sister-in-law loves The Ranch, but I'm unsure. I'll probably try it at some point.

I thought The Killing was amazing. Loved all 3 seasons.

23 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I thought The Killing was amazing. Loved all 3 seasons.

I watched The Killing when it was on AMC. First season was good, 2nd season was bad/dragged on, but that 3rd season was absolutely insane.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Stranger Things for me is the best Netflix show. I really liked the build to that show and the wonderful 80's feel and tone of the horror.

Goodness, yes. The music, the atmosphere - so 80s, it was amazing. Really can't wait for S2.

For everyone, going to highly recommend Peaky Blinders. If you were into shows like Sons of Anarchy or Boardwalk Empire, you'll love Peaky Blinders. Really great cast too (Cillian Murphy, Sam Neill, Tom Hardy). It's about six episodes per season, so you could finish it over a weekend if you had the time.

Also going to give props to Luther. Idris Elba at the top of his game, you see why he'd make a great James Bond in this show.

13 hours ago, champ11 said:

I've got a take for you guys:

Master of None season one, good.

Master of None season two, in fact not good 

I"m not calling it bad, but I do feel I'm in the vast minority that I felt season one was better than season two. 

Also like "Wentworth" so far....   it's similar to Orange is the New Black in ways...  women's prison but not as much humor.  Some hot women and R ratef scenes...  More seriousness and violence than Orange.  Shows back stories into how the inmates ended up in prison as well as the lives of the guards.  And it's based in Canada. 

Archived