Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He had this issue last week as well right? Kind of scary as it can get worse.

Wilson/Kittle should be back this week which is good news. Mitchell/Wilson is a very good duo. Hopefully Ford clears concussion protocols soon as well. 

Yep he did and yep scary. Hopefully maintenance days will keep it from getting worse....

1 hour ago, Forge said:

KK making it sound like they don't really care if Kyler practices at all this week. Sounds like they are still expecting to go with Murray 

I think that may be more so to keep us guessing. It's not going to really matter as this defense knows what they are dealing with if Murray plays. 

We did a pretty dang good job slowing down that Cardinals offense last go around with a healthy K1. I think with Jimmy playing we won’t see the gimmicky stuff on offense we did last time and our running game will really start to get rolling. I think we’ve got a pretty solid chance at pulling this one out regardless of if Kyler plays or not. 

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

We did a pretty dang good job slowing down that Cardinals offense last go around with a healthy K1. I think with Jimmy playing we won’t see the gimmicky stuff on offense we did last time and our running game will really start to get rolling. I think we’ve got a pretty solid chance at pulling this one out regardless of if Kyler plays or not. 

Yeah, it'll be fascinating to see their counters to our extra wide like 11 technique edges we were trying to play in that game at times to force a pocket. Bosa and Ford and Ekubam were basically lining up as nickels at times. Maybe more direct running up the gut against our undersized and undermanned defensive tackles. I know for certain that they will turn more to wide receiver screens against our single high look. They got like 45 yards on 2 pass attempts doing that last game. Rondale Moore is really dangerous and could definitely crease one like Deebo did for us last week. They should just motion Hopkins into different wide receiver spots and launch a volley of long balls at players that aren't Moseley, but they hate moving people around to create matchups. Ultimately both teams were less bad last time than the score suggested - bad field position starts, missed 4th downs, and big negative plays (penalties and sacks mostly) really derailed both teams. I can't see there being nearly as many holding penalties in this game. But I also don't trust their defense without Watt at all. I expect a game a lot like last week against the Bears (and honestly, like I expected most of our season to go before Jimmy turned from being roughly average to being complete butt for the first few games of the season). Lots of points. Pretty close. Pretty entertaining. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Woerner has been everything we needed while Kittle has been out blocking. Dwelley was a big reason vs Cardinals few weeks back why we didn't have much success running the ball. Hopefully he allows Kittle to be used in the passing game going forward. 

Seeing how this coaching staff has seemed to loooove Dwelley so much, despite him very average, I consider it very interesting that Woerner eventually managed to pass him on the depth chart. At least, that's what it looks like. Maybe Dwelley is not 100%. From my point of view, Dwelley has been exactly what he's always been this year. So seeing Woerner move over him says that he is progressing, and that's a great sign. His blocking last sunday has been exciting! Yes, you definitely must be in 49ers fan to find blocking exciting. But that's what Kittle and Juice has gotten us used to. Exciting blocking. Getting fired up watching a great block is not something I really did in the past. Sure, the Staley block on Alex's QB9 is an all-timer, but for the most part, blocking is something we don't notice unless it's bad. But not with the 49ers under Kyle. I think it is both a function of Kyle's designs and the abilities of the players we have there. Last sunday, we got blocking contributions from everyone, from the entire OL to Aiyuk and Deebo. And now, we may be on the verge of adding Woerner to our group of elite blockers. That's just how excited I am about him. Dwelley as a #3 TE is alright.