Leisher's 2018 Packers Mock #1

jleisher

Packers finish 6-10, should give them a pick in the 10-15 range with 4 comp picks.

1st rd.  Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame  

1st rd.  (Packers trade back into 1st rd in mid 20's, give up 2nd and 4th rd picks.)  Dorance Armstrong OLB Kansas

3rd rd.  Vita Vea NT Washington

3rd rd Comp.  Isaiah Wynn OL Georgia

5th rd.  James Washington WR Oklahoma St.

5th rd Comp.  Damien Harris RB Alabama

6th rd.  Tyquan Lewis OLB Ohio St.

6th rd Comp.  Austin Proehl WR N.Carolina

7th rd.  Drue Tranquill S Notre Dame

7th rd Comp.  K.C. McDermott G/T Miami

Guard isnt a premium position and I doubt Ted takes one that early.

I've been scouting RBs and Damien Harris is going to be really good. Like maybe the 2nd RB taken.

Whats your thoughts on CBs? Resign House and hope Randall continues his play ?

Thanks for the read. Love mock drafts.

I’m fine with a Guard if he’s worth it.

Y’all are smoking crack if you’d be that upset with this. I say that because I think Washington and Lewis are both going to be first rounders at this point. Washington’s name in particular keeps hitting my eyes everywhere I look.

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You don't draft guards in the 1st round .. ever.  I like the idea of a trade up for a pass rusher.

Zack Martin, Steve Hutchinson,  Kyle Long, David DeCastro, Mike Iupati were all first round picks and high quality players that you'd love to have on your team. If you think a guard is up there, you at least consider him. Whats with everybody speaking in absolutes when it comes to a draft that year after year is a crap shoot (which is exactly what makes it exciting) and is still 7 months away? 

4 hours ago, chillparsi1 said:

Zack Martin, Steve Hutchinson,  Kyle Long, David DeCastro, Mike Iupati were all first round picks and high quality players that you'd love to have on your team. If you think a guard is up there, you at least consider him. Whats with everybody speaking in absolutes when it comes to a draft that year after year is a crap shoot (which is exactly what makes it exciting) and is still 7 months away? 

And you've also got players like Josh Garnett, Laken Tomlinson, Jonathan Cooper, Chance Warmack, etc. who were terrible waste of draft picks.  If we're drafting at what is likely our earliest draft pick since 2009, I'd rather use it on a position that I think we're going to get more impact out of.  And given our history of developing quality OG later on in the drat, I'd rather use a more premium pick on a more premium position.  I like Nelson, I really do but I don't like him enough to use my first round pick on him.

Archived