Teller gets contract extension (4 years, $14.2M per)

ReggieCamp

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I was REALLY concerned the FO wouldn't value a RB or RG and would try to go the compensation pick and hoard cap money route, and I'm thankful that the nerds are doing nerd things and locking up elite talent for shockingly good value, while giving us cap flexibility. 

I wonder if they are trying to lock up these offensive free agents first. Come to bakers table and be like

”hey, we are keeping your core offensive teammates around. We have noticed you work well with discounted WRs, so we are going to try and restructure Jarvis or let him go and bring in a talented cheaper WR that will work well with you. We will bring back Njoku with the money we save. With that we want to offer you this contract and with the money left over, we want to use it to upgrade the defense”

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m sure stuff like this is good for the locker room, great timing.

Tell the guys that if you produce at a high level, we will pay you at a high level. You know DPJ is getting excited. I hope in 2 years we are talking about him signing a fat WR contract

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m sure stuff like this is good for the locker room, great timing.

I was just coming in to say the same.  The timing of this is excellent.  They needed to get past the OBJ nonsense, and a signature win, along with compensating a deserving player speaks volumes in the locker room!

• Like 1

Side note but I remember interviewing somebody a couple years ago at our work place. As part of his background he started talking about how he lost his virginity to his second cousin. For various reasons I did not end up scoring him very well. Regardless, the people above me decided to hire him and now I share a building with him and see him every night. I always wonder how his family reunions go.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Side note but I remember interviewing somebody a couple years ago at our work place. As part of his background he started talking about how he lost his virginity to his second cousin. For various reasons I did not end up scoring him very well. Regardless, the people above me decided to hire him and now I share a building with him and see him every night. I always wonder how his family reunions go.

200w.gif

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Meme Reaction GIF

I Guess If You Say So GIF

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Pay dudes that produce and reward them. Keep that core intact. You have 3 elite interior OL locked up for a bit, along with Chubb and Hunt. Go ahead and send that message loud and clear to the entire team and the rest of the league. Keep your own first, reward quality play, cut the deadweight and restructure/cut/trade those who don't live up to their contract.

Put Hooper on notice on a restructure if he wants to stay.

Try to work out a deal for Njoku (he's still SO YOUNG).

Goodbye Juice after this year (and in all honesty thanks for 3-4 good years and helping be a part of that culture change).

If Ward stays healthy lock him up too.

I think Hooper may need to restructure.  That's quite a bit of cash tied up in him.  Wanna be on a winning side?  

greater good sacrifice GIF by SYFY

For our system, a core of DPJ, Hollywood, and Speedy Schwartz is a good start.  Jarvis has been the consumate team player the last few years.  Mad respect for him.