Browns extend G Wyatt Teller

ReggieCamp

Only $28 million guaranteed, and with that expanding cap, the money he's going to be due years 3 and 4 is almost nothing. That leaves plenty of room to look at Ward, Njoku, and Baker, with Jarvis likely gone after this year. They really need to rework Hooper's awful albatross of a contract, because that's about the only bad one left on the books.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Only $28 million guaranteed, and with that expanding cap, the money he's going to be due years 3 and 4 is almost nothing. That leaves plenty of room to look at Ward, Njoku, and Baker, with Jarvis likely gone after this year. They really need to rework Hooper's awful albatross of a contract, because that's about the only bad one left on the books.

Is Njoku sticking around? Thought he was on his way out...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Is Njoku sticking around? Thought he was on his way out...

Both sides want him to stay. They picked up his fifth year option last year (this is it for him), and he's shown productivity. He won't turn 26 until July 10 next year. I'll be interested to see what he wants/will fetch on the market. I'd unload Hooper and keep Njoku, even if it means eating some money up front on that awful Hooper contract. He's a capable blocker, a Red Zone threat, and shown flashes of being very productive.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll be interested to see what he wants/will fetch on the market.

I'd argue he's shown as much as Jonnu Smith as a Titan over the course of their careers to this point - so 4/$50mm on the open market feels in line for how other teams would react.

• Like 1