Texans OT Duane Brown and pick traded to Seattle for picks

Longhorns90

6 hours ago, mse326 said:

Like this much more

Interesting. I must have missed that. I think this is a pretty solid deal for both teams still but that's some nice value coming back. Seattle was desperate though they are a team capable of winning the SB with a huge weakness they had to do it. 

Do the Texans have anyone decent to replace Brown with? 

How good is Brown these days?   

And I thought I read that Brown might be considering retirement soon.    

At first glance, I think the Texans clearly got the better end of this trade, although I do think Brown could definitely help the Seahawks OLine in the short term at least.  

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Do the Texans have anyone decent to replace Brown with? 

How good is Brown these days?   

And I thought I read that Brown might be considering retirement soon.    

At first glance, I think the Texans clearly got the better end of this trade, although I do think Brown could definitely help the Seahawks OLine in the short term at least.  

Do we have a replacement? Not really. We drafted Julien Davenport in the 3rd. He is very raw but may have promise. But won't be much help this year. But we also didn't have Brown until the Seattle game since he was holding out.

He's still good, maybe not quite as good as he was, but you certainly aren't complaining with him as your left tackle.

57 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Do we have a replacement? Not really. We drafted Julien Davenport in the 3rd. He is very raw but may have promise. But won't be much help this year. But we also didn't have Brown until the Seattle game since he was holding out.

He's still good, maybe not quite as good as he was, but you certainly aren't complaining with him as your left tackle.

I knew Brown was real good at one point, I just wasnt sure how good he had been over the last couple years.   Either way, I knew it had to be an upgrade for Seattle.

Doesnt make sense why the Texans would trade a starting left tackle with a developing rookie QB, though.  

11 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I knew Brown was real good at one point, I just wasnt sure how good he had been over the last couple years.   Either way, I knew it had to be an upgrade for Seattle.

Doesnt make sense why the Texans would trade a starting left tackle with a developing rookie QB, though.  

1. Major contract dispute. Held out unitl this week because of it. Only came back because he had to or he'd lose the season.

2. Don't know if it had an impact but he was particularly pissed both about McNair's comments and even apparantly how he handled himself in the meeting with the team to discuss it. He was also very vocal about it.

3 hours ago, tom cody said:

Really should help the Seahawks offensive line. I ? this for the Texans. They have a good young QB in Watson. Don't know why they'd give up a good offensive lineman like this.

Brown is 32, I wouldn't necessarily call him "young".  He's still good but given how much of a distraction he has been for us the past month or so he was bound to get traded.  I rather the Texans trade him now than waiting till after the season.  Like mse said we have made due without him up to the Seahawks game. 

With GB, Dallas and ATL down, Seattle is going for it. Don't see it working though, their RBs put up a YPC that I can reasonably say most on this forum could achieve. I don't think their defense is what it once was and their OL is still bottom tier. Now they don't have 2nd and 3rd round picks this year and no 2nd next year. I could see them fizzling out next year, so this year probably is their best shot.

19 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i wonder what Calias Campbells Pass rush Productivity was vs the texans. i think he had some dumb stats like  4 sacks and stuff but that was partly cuz Savage sucks with mobility and they were without Brown. i bet hes licking his chops to do some more damage. 

1JLYgOdXYS5vFSkewEzFs5GkjwZOhe_wwoKlgW6r

3 of the top 5 pass rush performances per PFF were against the Texans. Frank Clark in week 8 (1st), Calais Campbell in week 1 (4th) and Justin Houston in week 5 (5th). Brian Orakpo week 3 (9th) recorded this game against the Seahawks.

3 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

Well, that’s 2/5 spots on the line taken care of.

We are finally starting our rookie Ethan Pocic at LG this week. He has looked very good in the few games he has played in. I'm excited to see what he does. He is great is pass protection. 

Archived