Panthers sign QB Cam Newton

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

You're getting a lot of lol's in my fantasy league group chat. Those are worth .72 footballs on here based on current conversion rates. 

Just gotta change the text to those ridiculous unintelligible symbols that Cam uses in tweets instead of letters. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I’m sure he will provide a few great moments the rest of the way and maybe even pick up some nice wins 

Think about it like this - Carolina was somewhat competetive with Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold and PJ Walker. Joe Brady really does a good job of getting his QBs to play above their weight, it's starting to show (only so much anyone can do with a broken Sam Darnold...)

Injuries and all... Cam is better than each of those guys (Bridgewater might be a push, but I think Cam is better). Brady is going to find some really creative ways to get Cam to play well...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That’s a better stop gap while maybe a Malik Willis learns on the bench.

Carolina is gonna win the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes, IMO. Let Cam walk away on his own, bring in the former Clemson star to lead the next generation...

Rhule, or whoever builds the team, needs investigating for competency. 

- 4.5m guaranteed up to 10m for Cam from Nov-end of December (this is far too much, have you seen Cam's latest NFL portfolio of plays? A lot of money for a short term hire as well)

- Felt they had to move on from Teddy, so went to Darnold instead of drafting one of these competent Rookie QBs. Then felt they needed to move on from Darnold, so played Walker then went back to Darnold. They're now ready for Cam Newton. Good for Newton, but it doesn't feel like strong planning at all

- Now what? Darnold is making $18m next year and has been an abomination

- The OL is not good enough to mask bad QB play at all

To be clear, they'll be better than they have been recently. But what is the plan? The Bridgewater and Darnold thing felt rushed. Maybe they wanted either Watson or Stafford and begun panicking. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

Was really enjoying the past few season not having to watch Cam Newton post game PC. Living in Carolina,  every sports channel has them.

Gonna be fun though watching him run around with CMC but making Sam Darnold look competent as a passer. Yes I said it. Fun times!

1 hour ago, Apparition said:
2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Carolina is gonna win the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes, IMO. Let Cam walk away on his own, bring in the former Clemson star to lead the next generation...

that's assuming he avoids prison and/or a long-term suspension

Of course - from what I'm hearing/seeing locally, it looks as if things are trending in that direction (prison, at least). 

Can't speak for the suspension.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Of course - from what I'm hearing/seeing locally, it looks as if things are trending in that direction (prison, at least). 

Can't speak for the suspension.

probably not the right thread, but if Watson settles all these civil cases out of court and has them sealed as a requisite does the NFL have authority to see those or do they just have to throw their hands up? 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

probably not the right thread, but if Watson settles all these civil cases out of court and has them sealed as a requisite does the NFL have authority to see those or do they just have to throw their hands up? 

After what happened in the Ballghazi case, I have to think the NFL will exploit every legal loophole they can to get access to those case files. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That's a really good question - one of our lawyers should be able to clarify...

Ron Burgundy Battle GIF

@Daniel @ronjon1990 @jrry32 @fretgod99 @SwAg @Ragnarok...

• Like 1

Just now, Apparition said:

After what happened in the Ballghazi case, I have to think the NFL will exploit every legal loophole they can to get access to those case files. 

On the other side of that coin, one can look at the leagues' handling of the WFT scandal (not even an actual report from investigators) and see the league letting sleeping dogs lie.

There's precedence in both directions.