TNF: BAL (6-2) @ MIA (2-7)

Sad People

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ravens
    • Dolphins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2021 at 01:30 AM

Every team is going to put up a clunker during a season.   We just saw BUF & DAL lay huge goose eggs.   TB got hammered by NO last year.    It isn’t a death sentence for SB contention. Coming off an OT game, and a short week, and a terrible field, this isn't a catastrophe by itself.

BUT....

The one concerning thing for BAL is OC Greg Roman's total lack of adaptability.   This isn't the first time a D scheme went heavy with DB's attacking Lamar - Chargers did it in that playoff upset 3 years ago.   The concerning part is that OC Roman again literally couldn't come up with any changes in the game plan other than short passes to the flat.   No RPO designs to attack the CB's, no power sweeps to get OL to get to the edge, and totally went away from what they do best.  

It's one thing if another team beats you - but it's another when you can't adapt.   That's my concern with Roman.   Great run game innnovator - incredibly simplistic pass concepts, and very little adaptability.  That's a huge problem in the playoffs, when you face great teams.   In the regular season, simple differences in talent can overcome coaching gaps.   When the top teams face each other, coaching gaps are magnified 10-100x.   That's the one concern I'd have as a Ravens fan (and believe me, it's one of the reasons why I don't see DEN as a legit playoff team, even if they snuck in, the coaching gaps, let alone bad talent matchups with our current team, would get us boat raced). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

IMO the Ravens are absolutely banged up/injured everywhere and their coaching/Lamar are about the only things keeping them in the thick of things in the AFC. Their defense has been quite disappointing (for them) this year as well.

@AFlaccoSeagulls @Ray Reed would this be fair?

On the one hand, you say that coaching/resilience is the reason you guys are 6-3, but you're also a couple of super close games away from being sub .500 (the Lions, the Chiefs, the Colts OT comeback, the Vikings OT win). I'm not accounting for all 4 of those being losses by any means, but that's a lot of really close wins (one of them was a 66 yard FG by Tucker).

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

IMO the Ravens are absolutely banged up/injured everywhere and their coaching/Lamar are about the only things keeping them in the thick of things in the AFC. Their defense has been quite disappointing (for them) this year as well.

On the one hand, you say that coaching/resilience is the reason you guys are 6-3, but you're also a couple of super close games away from being sub .500 (the Lions, the Chiefs, the Colts OT comeback, the Vikings OT win). I'm not accounting for all 4 of those being losses by any means, but that's a lot of really close wins (one of them was a 66 yard FG by Tucker).

Yeah you're dead on, I said in the Dolphins forum they should NOT be expecting anything close to a blowout in favor of the Ravens last night...we weren't as good as a traditional 6-2 record would indicate.

The OL has been and will continue to be the biggest issue IMO (I screamed in our forum all offseason about how that group was getting way overvalued and it would be a concern), but injuries are definitely a close 2nd. 

It's just tough to lose an All Pro LT, All Pro CB, RBs 1-3, and ILB 2 all before the start of the season and expect a super consistent team on a weekly basis. Especially considering in addition to all those preseason season-enders, we've lost during the season: DT1, DE1, LG 1 and 2, RT 1, SS 1, CB 4, RB 4. Just not much you can do when you're playing down 35-40% of your starters week in and week out.

Just one of those years, and I think most Ravens fans are pretty realistic when it comes to what this year is going to be (probably a 9-10 win team and early playoff exit if we make it).

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I wouldn't say our coaching is keeping us in the thick of things, as our offensive coaching literally cost us the game last night and our defensive coaching has led to about 1,000 "miscommunications" in the secondary this year. Not to mention our defenders clearly have not been coached on how to tackle.

Lamar? Yes, he is the thing keeping this team afloat right now. We have no run game and no OL. It's just Lamar doing Lamar.

We really have been a "lucky" team this year. Our record is not a reflection of how average this team truly is.