Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

That was a convincing game to you? It was 3 zip for the longest time. One play goes the wrong way and we're behind. I had something in mind where we actually score a lot of points. The offense looking like its actually clicking on all cylinders and the scoreboard matching. Last weeks game was more appropriate for a CHI/GB game from years back.

We won by 17 points. It was convincing.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 5:27 PM, packfanfb said:

Would like to see more from Deguara other than the occasional 4 yard dump off. Need a lot more from him with Tonyan out.

he seems to have good hands and looks fast for a tight end.  It looks like his biggest issue has been knowing the plays, which with Rodgers is obviously going to hold him back quite a bit.  Once he figures out the playbook I'd like to see him get some downfield shots.  

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We won by 17 points. It was convincing.

Agree to disagree. The defense played well, but I'm looking for us to actually be effective on offense - i.e. - score some points. We got lucky Wilson was coming off a 4 week lay off. He outright missed on a lot of throws he normally would make and suspect would have been much more effective if he'd not sat for so long. The game was too close for comfort.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

That was a convincing game to you? It was 3 zip for the longest time. One play goes the wrong way and we're behind. I had something in mind where we actually score a lot of points. The offense looking like its actually clicking on all cylinders and the scoreboard matching. Last weeks game was more appropriate for a CHI/GB game from years back.

We were pretty well beating them.  We had a missed FG, and probably a bottom 5 throw of Rodgers' career after moving the ball very, very well.  Also a turnover on downs that was close to FG range.  The Seahawks only managed one drive of exactly 50 yards, otherwise all of their drives were less than 50 yards and their longest time of possession was 3:19.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We were pretty well beating them.  We had a missed FG, and probably a bottom 5 throw of Rodgers' career after moving the ball very, very well.  Also a turnover on downs that was close to FG range.  The Seahawks only managed one drive of exactly 50 yards, otherwise all of their drives were less than 50 yards and their longest time of possession was 3:19.

Yup. The defense played well and Russell Wilson had an *uncommonly* bad game. The scoreboard had them very much in the game for the vast majority of it. One bad play on defense - or an offensive miscue on our part - and they could have tied (or taken the lead) easily. A convincing win is when the other team's got no shot. Seattle doesn't have what could be called a "stout" defense - yet our offense couldnt break the game open. They need to play better. IMO we won this game thru time of possession wearing the SEA D down - which is fine - but our offense needs to play better - they need to score more.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Courtney Cronin -   The Vikings activated safety Harrison Smith from the COVID-19/Reserve list and designated cornerback Patrick Peterson to return to practice after a 3 week stint on IR.

Wonder if the Vikings dare put PP out there coming off a bad hammy with basically no ramp up period. Might be better than what they currently have, but I'd go after him often to test his health. 

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yup. The defense played well and Russell Wilson had an *uncommonly* bad game. The scoreboard had them very much in the game for the vast majority of it. One bad play on defense - or an offensive miscue on our part - and they could have tied (or taken the lead) easily. A convincing win is when the other team's got no shot. Seattle doesn't have what could be called a "stout" defense - yet our offense couldnt break the game open. They need to play better. IMO we won this game thru time of possession wearing the SEA D down - which is fine - but our offense needs to play better - they need to score more.

I think a lot of it has to do with our IOL. Lucas Patrick is serviceable at best at this point IMO as he's overmatched and overpowered a lot of the time and both Runyan and Newman have make up for it. Newman is still working out some mechanical kinks in his game where he's stood up far too often in the running game if we're rushing off A-gap whereas he's much better blocking on an angle when we run off B-gap; I'm sure he'll be a much better player next year TBH.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Like when they can't sustain drives and score no points?  

We had a QB with no practice and our offensive line is still at half strength, and our RB got hurt and we still won by 3 scores.  

What do you want? 58-0?  This was a convincing win.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Like when they can't sustain drives and score no points?  We had a QB with no practice and our offensive line is still at half strength, and our RB got hurt and we still won by 3 scores.  What do you want? 58-0?  This was a convincing win.  

Agree 2 disagree 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am not sure that the Vikings are not a serious wild card contender, even if they lose.  A loss would have them tied with the Eagles current record.  Certainly not the way they would want to go, but remember, there are 17 games and 7 playoff slots now.  Being 4-6 is not a death sentence here.  They still have games against:  San Fran, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Chicago (x2), where I would favor the Vikings.  They also have a head-to-head tie breaker against Carolina, who currently hold the 7th spot.

But I do tend to be the Packers fan that has the softest stance on the Vikings, I hate the Bears, Chiefs, and Seahawks more, and probably the Rams.

Vikings Death sentence on the Division with a loss. When I said behind the 8-ball for a wildcard card with a loss,, I simply meant the path becomes tricky with little room for error.

They have to be looking at this as a must win.