Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Conjure this for a bit......

In theory....with defections etc....Lazard could become our WR1.

Yes but under that scenario 17 and likely 12 are not here. We would be foolish not to get compensation, maybe historically high levels of compensation, for those losses. 

9 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Yes but under that scenario 17 and likely 12 are not here. We would be foolish not to get compensation, maybe historically high levels of compensation, for those losses. 

I'm sure we'd not go into next season with Lazard being our #1.
Was just pointing out how thin the position is with regard to play makers.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Bradbury's back....but in his weakened state, he should be even more of a push over than usual......

ProFootballTalk -   Vikings take Garrett Bradbury off COVID reserve list, put Josh Metellus on.

There’s been some chatter that Cole may be the guy moving forward. Zimmer’s comments regarding Bradbury’s return haven’t been very glowing, certainly sounds like Cole may have bought himself another week as a starter. Will see what he does with it, but he’s played really well. 

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

There’s been some chatter that Cole may be the guy moving forward. Zimmer’s comments regarding Bradbury’s return haven’t been very glowing, certainly sounds like Cole may have bought himself another week as a starter. Will see what he does with it, but he’s played really well. 

Hmmmm.....I see we're under surveillance here by emissaries of the enemy :)

from The Dope Sheet

Green Bay enters this week with a franchise-record 7-game winning streak in road division games that is also tied for the longest current road divisional winning streak in the league with Kansas City and Tennessee.

The Packers have a 30-29 record in away games against the Vikings, including wins at Minnesota each of the last two seasons.

mike-zimmer-matt-lafleur-handshake.jpg&f

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not sure why I think this.....but I feel like our passing game will improve indoors.

I suspect you're correct Leader. Rodgers has always loved playing in the ideal conditions indoor facilities provide. With a solid week of reps, after his bout with covid and subsequent shutdown from practice, I expect the Packers offense to find some much needed rhythm and success. Keep the Vikings off balance, their defense thrives when they can make their opponents one dimensional and they struggle when they have to divide their attention between the run and pass.

• Like 1

Huge opportunities for both teams.

A Packers win pretty much seals the division crown and is another step in the quest to bring the road to the Super Bowl through Green Bay.

A win by the Vikings keeps their slim hopes for winning the division alive and a serious wildcard playoff contender. Whereas, a loss essentially kills their division dreams and puts them behind the 8-ball for a wildcard spot. A loss may also seal Mike Zimmers fate as Head Coach of the Vikings.

For Vikings fans and current players this game has Super Bowl level importance. Packers fans can take comfort in remembering Vikings 0 for four chokes in Super Bowls. 😉

18 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.  If the guy is playing well, and he is replacing a non-All-Star, keep him in.

2 minutes ago, BAM said:

Huge opportunities for both teams.

A Packers win pretty much seals the division crown and is another step in the quest to bring the road to the Super Bowl through Green Bay.

A win by the Vikings keeps their slim hopes for winning the division alive and a serious wildcard playoff contender. Whereas, a loss essentially kills their division dreams and puts them behind the 8-ball for a wildcard spot. A loss may also seal Mike Zimmers fate as Head Coach of the Vikings.

For Vikings fans and current players this game has Super Bowl level importance. Packers fans can take comfort in remembering Vikings 0 for four chokes in Super Bowls. 😉

I am not sure that the Vikings are not a serious wild card contender, even if they lose.  A loss would have them tied with the Eagles current record.  Certainly not the way they would want to go, but remember, there are 17 games and 7 playoff slots now.  Being 4-6 is not a death sentence here.  They still have games against:  San Fran, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Chicago (x2), where I would favor the Vikings.  They also have a head-to-head tie breaker against Carolina, who currently hold the 7th spot.

But I do tend to be the Packers fan that has the softest stance on the Vikings, I hate the Bears, Chiefs, and Seahawks more, and probably the Rams.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It has been a couple days

That was a convincing game to you? It was 3 zip for the longest time. One play goes the wrong way and we're behind. I had something in mind where we actually score a lot of points. The offense looking like its actually clicking on all cylinders and the scoreboard matching. Last weeks game was more appropriate for a CHI/GB game from years back.