Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

7 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Does anyone else love where Minnesota is ? They’re in such football purgatory . Old team that’s going to win 7-10 games, maybe play in the wild card game but never a threat to win it or to have a chance drafting a high end QB. 

Pretty much.  Part of the reason why I'm not overly afraid of Minnesota.  If they had a better QB in place, I'd more be concerned about them.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much.  Part of the reason why I'm not overly afraid of Minnesota.  If they had a better QB in place, I'd more be concerned about them.

I don’t think there’s any chance Kirk Cousins can win 4 games vs good teams. 

I think they’re setting up for a massive fall soon. 

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I did feel an earthquake seven or eight years ago.  The epicenter was in Oklahoma.  My room started shaking like I had an unbalanced washing machine.  But I wasn't doing laundry.  And I live in a concrete building. 

But I have to say, I don't understand people who hate the Vikings more than the Bears.  Hate, hate, hate the Bears.  

Easy for us living where we do ... only 2 hours to Twin Cities; 6 hours to Chicago.    

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Who would be the worst QB you’d feel comfortable to win the SB with ? Without thinking too much my answer would be Derrick Carr 

if the QB can be part of a super Bowl win, there is no issue.  

if you are asking who is the "lowest ranked" (whatever personal rankings you might have) current QB I think could win a super bowl, so much of that is based on what is the team around them....players, coaching, etc.  I am not sure that is a straight forward answer given the variances involved.  

Take GB for example, would Stafford, Carr, Ryan, Dak, Burrow, Mac Jones be able to win a Super Bowl here with a healthy D/team and the current coaching staff, possibly

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

if the QB can be part of a super Bowl win, there is no issue.  

if you are asking who is the "lowest ranked" (whatever personal rankings you might have) current QB I think could win a super bowl, so much of that is based on what is the team around them....players, coaching, etc.  I am not sure that is a straight forward answer given the variances involved.  

Take GB for example, would Stafford, Carr, Ryan, Dak, Burrow, Mac Jones be able to win a Super Bowl here with a healthy D/team and the current coaching staff, possibly

It’s really a basic question . Obviously if we’re talking about the worst QB capable of winning a SB everything else has to be really good.

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s really a basic question . Obviously if we’re talking about the worst QB capable of winning a SB everything else has to be really good.

Yeah, the weakness of your QB has to be proportional to the strength of your D and ST.  If you look at the “worst” QBs to win it, the rest of the team was stacked and they could usually grind you on the ground.

If we could ever get our RZ offense back, we’d just need a ST that doesn’t completely shatter under any kind of pressure and this team would be fearsome.

Speaking of which, MIN has some speed in their return game.  Going to need our ST to tackle out there on the carpet and as has been suggested, go for touchbacks after we score many, many times. Can’t let ST be the reason we drop a game (again). 

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I did feel an earthquake seven or eight years ago.  The epicenter was in Oklahoma.  My room started shaking like I had an unbalanced washing machine.  But I wasn't doing laundry.  And I live in a concrete building. 

But I have to say, I don't understand people who hate the Vikings more than the Bears.  Hate, hate, hate the Bears.  

I know three bears fans, once my boss, once my best friend since we were knee high, one is a drinking buddy. They never talk ****. I know like one hundred Vikings fans all they're all annoying as **** and never shut up. 

And that's why I hate the Vikings more. But I'm close to Minnesota over here. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Grew up on the WI/MN border. Vikings fans are some of the most obnoxious fans out there. They have a serious case of little sibling envy towards GB. Hell, one of their greatest sports moments over the part decade was the cheap shot that took out Rodgers... like how bad does your team have to be to have that as a top sports moment?

Edited by BluePacker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Easy for us living where we do ... only 2 hours to Twin Cities; 6 hours to Chicago.    

Hah! I live up here and have to look at their damn practice facility EVERY effin' day.  The turn off to my work used to be NorthWestern Drive (airlines), now it's called Viking Lakes.  Puke! EVERY day.

This is their superbowl.  Zimmer's seat is as hot as a ghost pepper.  You can hear the desperation on their flagship radio station.  Their play by play guy, Paul Allen, is the one who started/reported the San Fran inquiry to trading for Rodgers that Sheftless turned into the off season drama.

For me, the game is all about Rodgers.  He played incredibly average last week.  It is going to be up to him to get this offense rolling.  This game is their superbowl, but it is an opportunity for us to deliver the Dagger!  If/when we win it will put the Division in our pocket. First things first!

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

Grew up on the WI/MN border. Vikings fans are some of the most obnoxious fans out there. They have a serious case of little sibling envy towards GB. Hell, one of their greatest sports moments over the part decade was the cheap shot that took out Rodgers... like how bad does your team have to be to have that as a top sports moment?

80s Packers bad. Charles Martin anyone? ❤