Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Saw Keke got on the flight to Minny so I'm guessing he's cleared the protocol and should be good to go.

Short term this is a good thing. Unfortunately, from what I've read the less distance between concussions makes it more likely another one would occur. He has another one this game and he'd have to be thinking retirement. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's already had two this year hasn't he? 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Saw Keke got on the flight to Minny so I'm guessing he's cleared the protocol and should be good to go.

Jones also traveled with the team, so hang on counting those chickens...

And regarding Gary, I would guess that he is also going to be limited if he is playing.  We are probably going to need all of Garvin, Hamilton, Galeai, and even Burks taking some snaps as stand-up pass rushers.  We have to remember that Garvin is still just 22 years old, and as an UDFA, has a lot of work to do.  I like where he is at.  I don't think he is quite ready for prime time though, and is best used as a second string guy, or with low snap counts.  

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:
Glad to see Winfree get the call. Hope he's used.

I'd love to see him used, I think the Packers could use a receiver with some quickness and who is as much receiver as he is blocker.  

But with Rodgers having not hardly practiced in a month, I don't really imagine Winfree is going to get used unless Adams is too injured to play.  

• Like 1

This is the Vikings superbowl. It's going to be a tough environment to play in, like usual. Rodgers and the offense will have to come out sharp and (hopefully) silence the crowd. Hope our defense comes to play again, but Cook, JJ and Thielen are going to be tough to contain. If we don't get pressure Kirk & co will be tough to stop. 

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Jones also traveled with the team, so hang on counting those chickens...

And regarding Gary, I would guess that he is also going to be limited if he is playing.  We are probably going to need all of Garvin, Hamilton, Galeai, and even Burks taking some snaps as stand-up pass rushers.  We have to remember that Garvin is still just 22 years old, and as an UDFA, has a lot of work to do.  I like where he is at.  I don't think he is quite ready for prime time though, and is best used as a second string guy, or with low snap counts.  

Those guys will all have to up their game if we are going to get the MIN offense out of sync. Setting the edge and rattling Kirk are pretty important.  When that happens, we see the Vikings we all know and love.  If not, they can definitely move the ball and open the game up.

One small thing, Garvin was a 7th rounder, not undrafted. Really hoping he and Kylin Hill can contribute for us.  I love the longshots but both of those guys have some interesting aspects to their game that might turn in to something. Let’s hope some of our longshots and misfits rise to the occasion tomorrow. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

Tom Pelissero -   Packers QB Aaron Rodgers will start today against the Vikings despite a painful toe injury that limited him to only about 15 reps in practice Friday. The hope is it’ll improve with rest at the bye, but between the toe and COVID, limited practice time is a concern.

7 hours ago, Refugee said:

Those guys will all have to up their game if we are going to get the MIN offense out of sync. Setting the edge and rattling Kirk are pretty important.  When that happens, we see the Vikings we all know and love.  If not, they can definitely move the ball and open the game up.

One small thing, Garvin was a 7th rounder, not undrafted. Really hoping he and Kylin Hill can contribute for us.  I love the longshots but both of those guys have some interesting aspects to their game that might turn in to something. Let’s hope some of our longshots and misfits rise to the occasion tomorrow. 

Good call.  Can't believe that I forgot that, LOL.