Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

8 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Our offense's recent trends concern me though, particularly waiting until the 4th quarter to score TDs as of late.  We gotta get that fixed ASAP.

I remember last year when our first drive was an automatic TD… this would be a good game to get that feeling back

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

A better line does mean more time for the QB, more longer developing higher reward plays and the option of more receivers. 

I don’t worry about MVS’ being dynamic, he and Aaron haven’t been connecting much.  

It hasn't helped with MVS out 5 weeks this year.   🙁

I believe MVS will be an ex Packer next year. The Packers have seen his hands and ball tracking up close for four years.  He will not be a priority resign and they will have a long list to resign or let go.  If he could catch like Jefferson does on long balls he could make some money.  Same for Lazard. When they become FA they will no longer be the cheap option.  I expect to be drafting WRs like we did four years ago. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hopefully better. Our return for investment is lagging.

I haven't seen any investment at the WR position since Davante Adams.  I've seen some shots taken, low round picks invested.  But we haven't tried to take a top 10 receiver in a draft class since Adams.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Hopefully better. Our return for investment is lagging.

Pretty low investment at that position. Amari the highest at late 3rd. I don’t know who we keep but Lazard seems to have rapport with Love on and off of the field. He should not break the bank even if we pay him a bit more than min. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Pretty low investment at that position. Amari the highest at late 3rd. I don’t know who we keep but Lazard seems to have rapport with Love on and off of the field. He should not break the bank even if we pay him a bit more than min. 

Conjure this for a bit......

In theory....with defections etc....Lazard could become our WR1.

5 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Fascinating note; the shift from taking a WR within the top 100 picks to taking late round fliers(Amari might be the lone exception) coincides with the change from TT to Gut as GM.

yes but it also coincides with expensive WR on the roster in Adams, and an aging QB with an expiration date

Suffice it to say that we're going to draft another WR on Day 2 in this upcoming draft regardless of whether or not MVS or Lazard would be on next year's team. Even if Adams were to return, we've seen very little out of Amari Rodgers, we don't know if Funchess will be back, and then who do we have left. Certainly an area to upgrade at worst. That said, we're still an IDL away from calling that situation perfect IMO and EDGE needs to be addressed; sure, those street guys have been ok but we can't expect sustained success with those players regardless of how you feel about them.