Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

Aaron Nagler -  Rodgers was indeed out of his mind from final drive of the first half on. But he was pretty poor prior. Breeland dropped a sure INT, 12 missed long a few times, got a lucky bounce on a fumble after holding the ball. Gotta start games better, but hard to when you're not practicing. (You know a good way to help your guy get into the flow of the game after he misses a week of practice? Run the ball early on.)

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -  Rodgers was indeed out of his mind from final drive of the first half on. But he was pretty poor prior. Breeland dropped a sure INT, 12 missed long a few times, got a lucky bounce on a fumble after holding the ball. Gotta start games better, but hard to when you're not practicing. (You know a good way to help your guy get into the flow of the game after he misses a week of practice? Run the ball early on.)

He was playing chess with Zimmer and Zimmer was winning the first half.  Ultimately he won the game.

Rodgers thought he was seeing one thing, when it fact it was another.  The entire first half.

Sometimes you gotta tip your hat to the other side.

Zimmer confused Rodgers for 2 quarters and offensively he found the holes in the zone that were tough to cover.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

He was playing chess with Zimmer and Zimmer was winning the first half.  Ultimately he won the game. Rodgers thought he was seeing one thing, when it fact it was another.  The entire first half. Sometimes you gotta tip your hat to the other side. Zimmer confused Rodgers for 2 quarters and offensively he found the holes in the zone that were tough to cover.

I'd just like to see fewer long chucks down the sidelines (which are reaching historical levels of missing) - and more taking what the defense is giving + YAC.

No flags (we overcame more than a few holding calls yesterday....). Move the chains. Score 7 in the red zone. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd just like to see fewer long chucks down the sidelines (which are reaching historical levels of missing) - and more taking what the defense is giving + YAC.

No flags (we overcame more than a few holding calls yesterday....). Move the chains. Score 7 in the red zone. 

You and me both!

Or...let's have some accurate long throws.  

There were so many times in the first half when underneath guys were open, with green in front of them and Rodgers kept hanging onto the ball.  It tells me that he thought he had one look from Zimmer when he ended up with another.

The announcers said that the defense was showing one look until 5 seconds on the clock, then showing their final defense.

Rodgers was winding the clock down to get an advantage and it wasn't working.

I wondered if maybe we could have gone uptempo and snapped with 8 seconds left to see if it caught the defense out of position.  Who knows.

But I do know that I can tip my hat to Zimmer for this one game.

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

No thank you.  If someone is going to pass the ball on offense, I hope it is #12.  No offense to Cobb.

Okay....but New England ran this play numerous times in the past with Brady passing to Edlemann - who chucked it downfield. I cant remember it not hitting.

Peter Bukowski -  Everyone is dealing with injuries, but it's impossible not to think how drastically different the game Sunday would have been with Eric Stokes on Adam Thielen's side, Jaire Alexander opposite Justin Jefferson, and Kevin King glued to the bench.

Broken coverages and Henry Black are more to blame than Kevin King.  But, he's your whipping boy. 

After being down by 13 into the 3rd quarter and then come roaring back with all the breaks falling to the purple side......I am left encouraged.