Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

Just now, Leader said:

No - listen - you're talking to a guy that's taken a lot of DBs to task for missing *critical* INTs in IMPORTANT games - far more important than this one - but it is what it is. They're NOT WRs (probably for a reason....) and snagging / holding a ball when you're either free falling / flipping mid air then hit the ground.  It's just not easy.

It's about as easy as any job he has, once he's got that ball. It's just not hard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Savage is the anti-HHCD - does everything you want EXCEPT come down with ints. Coming down with ints was ALL HHCD would try to do. 

I was more talking about HHCD on any ball that was over his head.  He would turn around in a circle, right in front of the receiver, allow the catch, then ensure that the receiver got the TD/2 point conversion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFP7 said:

3 losses,

1 the offense let the defense down, special teams also sucked

1 the defense let the offense down, special teams also sucked

and 1 everyone sucked.  

So now we just need special teams to go it alone for loss number four to finish it off.

I'm just going to throw some thoughts this way. I'm not trolling, but do have some concerns and praises for the pack:

-AJ Dillon very likely is a better fit for your team instead of Aaron Jones. I think signing him to an extension was not a good use of resources. Dillon can be a top 5 RB if he's the full time starter in GB. Jones is good but not has a lower ceiling.

-its still Aaron Rodgers team, all things considered. Even though at times he doesn't look comfortable with the system, he's still at worst a top 2 QB in the NFL.

-I feel terrible for Jenkins. You hate to see stars in the NFL get hurt.

-Kevin King is really, really, really bad.

-Savage is really, really, really unlucky. It seems like he doesn't play that great against Minnesota, prior to this game? 

-Your team has the best pass rush in the league when fully healthy.

-Crosby has to go While I like seeing him still employed as a division rival, GB can't throw the season away due to veteran loyalty. I'd give him one more game, but if he can't figure it out, I'd dump him during the bye.

-Stokes will be a very good compliment to Alexander some day. He's coming along nice I think.

---

Take it for what its worth. I'm still picking GB to win it all.

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm just going to throw some thoughts this way. I'm not trolling, but do have some concerns and praises for the pack:

-AJ Dillon very likely is a better fit for your team instead of Aaron Jones. I think signing him to an extension was not a good use of resources. Dillon can be a top 5 RB if he's the full time starter in GB. Jones is good but not has a lower ceiling.

-its still Aaron Rodgers team, all things considered. Even though at times he doesn't look comfortable with the system, he's still at worst a top 2 QB in the NFL.

-I feel terrible for Jenkins. You hate to see stars in the NFL get hurt.

-Kevin King is really, really, really bad.

-Savage is really, really, really unlucky. It seems like he doesn't play that great against Minnesota, prior to this game? 

-Your team has the best pass rush in the league when fully healthy.

-Crosby has to go While I like seeing him still employed as a division rival, GB can't throw the season away due to veteran loyalty. I'd give him one more game, but if he can't figure it out, I'd dump him during the bye.

-Stokes will be a very good compliment to Alexander some day. He's coming along nice I think.

---

Take it for what its worth. I'm still picking GB to win it all.

Nothing to disagree with in any of those statements. I do like Aaron Jones, more than you do but am not for giving RB's second contracts as a rule of thumb. 

Savage has to learn to catch. 

• Like 1

Post game thoughts:

+s:

+2nd half offense. I’d given these guys up for dead in the 2nd quarter and they really showed me. Finally looked dynamic and unstoppable for the first time all year, even if it was just a half plus.

+the dline. Super active and Kenny looked incredible at times. Cook didn’t go off and, according to Olsen at least, we were doing it with a light box. Even lowly Lancaster had some moments. 

+Campbell also had a good game, probably another reason Cook was held in check. 

+E St Brown.  Man, he looked good with the ball in his hands. First time I’ve actually thought he looked like more than just a guy since his rookie year. 

+Dillon. Those hands are impressive. I do think inside the dome was probably a bad time to be without Jones. But, he did just fine, esp in pass pro. 

-s:

-First half offense.  It sure does seem to be a lot of 12s “fault”, lots of off target throws and indecision.  But the oline seemed a little leaky too.

-the secondary.  They’ve gotten a lot of praise lately, but lord they have to learn to play the ball better.  Why King was in so much to start is beyond me. 

-Mason.  I know you all want him in the ugly category but he did make a 54 yarder.  

-refs. Again, I think a lot of you want them in ugly, but almost every call was justified, just some normal home town bias where the tight ones tended to go against us.  The worst, IMO, was the non call OPI on Jefferson’s near TD. 

Uglies:

-the injury to Jenkins is the big ugly from this one. Can we go one week without a damn major injury?

Edited by mikebpackfan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Post game thoughts:

+s:

+2nd half offense. I’d given these guys up for dead in the 2nd quarter and they really showed me. Finally looked dynamic and unstoppable for the first time all year, even if it was just a half plus.

+the dline. Super active and Kenny looked incredible at times. Cook didn’t go off and, according to Olsen at least, we were doing it with a light box. Even lowly Lancaster had some moments. 

+Campbell also had a good game, probably another reason Cook was held in check. 

+E St Brown.  Man, he looked good with the ball in his hands. First time I’ve actually thought he looked like more than just a guy since his rookie year. 

+Dillon. Those hands are impressive. I do think inside the dome was probably a bad time to be without Jones. But, he did just fine, esp in pass pro. 

-s:

-First half offense.  It sure does seem to be a lot of 12s “fault”, lots of off target throws and indecision.  But the oline seemed a little leaky too.

-the secondary.  They’ve gotten a lot of praise lately, but lord they have to learn to play the ball better.  Why King was in so much to start is beyond me. 

-Mason.  I know you all want him in the ugly category but he did make a 54 yarder.  

-refs. Again, I think a lot of you want them in ugly, but almost every call was justified, just some normal home town bias where the tight ones tended to go against us.  The worst, IMO, was the non call OPI on Jefferson’s near TD. 

Uglies:

-the injury to Jenkins is the big ugly from this one. Can we go one week without a damn major injury?

Agree with most of this...Mason has been rock solid for so many years.  I'd bet Viking fans for years wished he was on their team.  He needs to just relax and let it go as I think its in his head right now.  The snaps and the holds are getting better.  Just concentrate on your job.

The only call that seemed weird was the call on our center early in the game, where you could hear the ref say "I warned you about that".  Would love to hear an explanation as to what he was warning against and what the exact problem was.  BTW:  On the same play #97 is lined up offside, just like on the next play.  Why not offsetting penalties on that play.  But by and large the officials were good, the calls against us were deserved.  That's all you can ask for.  We just need to clean them up.  We had too many drives with 1st and 20 or 1st and 15.  Offense in the second half was GREAT.  

Credit has to go to the Vikings quarterback.  He made a few 50-50 throws and got away with all of them.  We either need to catch a couple of those or at least, not commit a penalty when doing so.

Very entertaining game.  We're a good team, but with all these injuries, I'm not sure what we will have left if/and when we get to the playoffs.  Its almost like the tread is coming off the tires with all these injuries.

• Like 1