Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

6 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

No problem ... see ya.

Sorry for having a problem with cheering for a guy (not a team) who talked about how football was about the people and then made it about just himself and lied to the entire world to not face the consequences of his actions. I'm not gonna root against him (the same way I'd root if we had Joe Mixon on our team), but I just can be happy for him anymore.

• Like 2

Just now, coachbuns said:

A number?  How about a wagon full of them .. absolutely mind boggling.

By my count they're missing 8 starters (LT1, LG1, C1, RB1, TE1, EDGE1, EDGE2, CB1) plus they were missing two contributors in Lazard and Mercilus. 

They good thing is you at least have a shot at getting all of the defensive starters back, Bakh, Jones, and hopefully Myers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. My narrative is Rodgers needs to run the friggin' offense and I'll die on that hill. MLF is a great HC and OC. Run the offense as it's designed and we don't run into many issues. Not really a narrative as much as an obvious observation.

I was talking Savage ... how the heck did you get off of that?  Deflection.

3 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Sorry for having a problem with cheering for a guy (not a team) who talked about how football was about the people and then made it about just himself and lied to the entire world to not face the consequences of his actions. I'm not gonna root against him (the same way I'd root if we had Joe Mixon on our team), but I just can be happy for him anymore.

Bye

Just now, coachbuns said:

I was talking Savage ... how the heck did you get off of that?  Deflection.

What? I have no narrative towards Savage lol. The only narrative I could possibly be accused of having is IRT Aaron. I said that the refs had no clear shot of that INT hitting the ground, ruled it a catch, and still overturned it. That's the only thing I've said prior to these exchanges IRT Darnell. 

We lost because they got all the breaks. That's really all there is to it. We're going to beat the brakes off them in Lambeau.

14 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Tough loss. The Vikings always play the Packers tough. 

I didn't think minny would win. At 5-5, things aren't so bad, until December Kirk ruins everything and Minnesota ends up as the 8th seed.

Anyways, I wouldn't be so concerned. Green Bay is still the class of the NFL. I got you guys winning the Superbowl over Tennessee even though both teams lost today.

Idk if our practice squad is. We’re past getting thin at key positions 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

If Rashan Gary played its our game today.

We ran out of luck with Injuries.

Control the controllables, there's not that much you can do about the injuries

• Our kicking game failed us
  • The penalties cost us badly

Yes we have been unlucky with injuries but as well but the above cost us 10 points minimum as well as the dropped interceptions.

Making excuses will only get you so far.  

• Like 1

Wow, was that an exciting, thrilling game.  Tough to lose it, particularly after seeming to have the interception clean and done and off to commercial with no doubt about it.  

With Gary gone, the absence of pass pressure was really telling.  Cuosins had SO much time, and he's a good passer when he does.  

I liked that they pulled a couple of blitzes in the 4th quarter.  I just think you've got to have pressure, and if you're straight front doesn't provide any, you kinda need to take the risks associated with blitzing some to create at least a little.  That 3rd-down pressure that set up the lollipop sky-ball that Jefferson caught, that was a good and very lucky toss by Cousins, and it just worked out great for Jefferson.  

Dillon was a superstar in pass protection. Really great job by him.  

Fun to see EQ get involved in several successful plays.  He's got some wheels and he's got some length, I'd kinda like to see them use him more, and more creatively, actually, and maybe more non-creatively sometimes, just sending him out on a route as an ordinary receiver sometimes. 

• Like 1

Just now, mikemike778 said:

Control the controllables, there's not that much you can do about the injuries

• Our kicking game failed us
  • The penalties cost us badly

Yes we have been unlucky with injuries but as well but the above cost us 10 points minimum as well as the dropped interceptions.

Making excuses will only get you so far.  

100% injuries are rough; but GB really could have went out there and won it if they executed