Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

Rodgers was not good the first 1.5 quarters.  Was 8 for 15 at one point.  He played really well in the 2nd half.

Defense needed to make 1 play.  Missed opportunities for INT, penalty negated 1.

Kicking game left 3 points on the field.

MLF was a bit pass happy in the first half.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I believe they said he never had control. That when he hit the ground he lost control - although - on the only replay that I saw he did lose control, but I thought he caught it up against his leg - i.e. - that it didnt hit the ground.

My guess is that they ruled he NEVER had control. Dont know - I'll have to read about it.

He clearly had control when he went to the ground. It didn't move until after he hit.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I want to look at it through the most green and gold glasses one can and I thought Savage clear as day dropped it IMO. Easy incompletion.

I thought it was a drop on the 1 replay I saw.  Need a video replay to say otherwise

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He clearly had control when he went to the ground. It didn't move until after he hit.

Yeah.....but the ref who was in the booth played out the "He never took 3 steps / completed the reception" stuff.

Listen. It's over - but it was a HUGE change of fortune.

The game went from in our control to strangle out and win - to just the opposite.

Bummer indeed.

3 minutes ago, Redt said:

They got every break against our depleted squad, not worried even with a loss next week. Heal up at the break and keep integrating all that motion.

the healing up is starting to be the big question mark unfortunately.  Bakh, Jaire, Jenkins, Z are all starting to seem like they'll be done, especially Jenkins.  At this point I just hope we get 2 of these guys back this year. 

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I want to look at it through the most green and gold glasses one can and I thought Savage clear as day dropped it IMO. Easy incompletion.

I was going to say the same thing, but had no interest in dealing with the ignorance that was sure to follow.   

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

yeah, still gotta do it. dont care about the excuses. tuck it in and put both hands on it. actually not that hard at full speed either.

No - listen - you're talking to a guy that's taken a lot of DBs to task for missing *critical* INTs in IMPORTANT games - far more important than this one - but it is what it is. They're NOT WRs (probably for a reason....) and snagging / holding a ball when you're either free falling / flipping mid air then hit the ground.  It's just not easy.