Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm just going to throw some thoughts this way. I'm not trolling, but do have some concerns and praises for the pack:

-AJ Dillon very likely is a better fit for your team instead of Aaron Jones. I think signing him to an extension was not a good use of resources. Dillon can be a top 5 RB if he's the full time starter in GB. Jones is good but not has a lower ceiling.

-its still Aaron Rodgers team, all things considered. Even though at times he doesn't look comfortable with the system, he's still at worst a top 2 QB in the NFL.

-I feel terrible for Jenkins. You hate to see stars in the NFL get hurt.

-Kevin King is really, really, really bad.

-Savage is really, really, really unlucky. It seems like he doesn't play that great against Minnesota, prior to this game? 

-Your team has the best pass rush in the league when fully healthy.

-Crosby has to go While I like seeing him still employed as a division rival, GB can't throw the season away due to veteran loyalty. I'd give him one more game, but if he can't figure it out, I'd dump him during the bye.

-Stokes will be a very good compliment to Alexander some day. He's coming along nice I think.

---

Take it for what its worth. I'm still picking GB to win it all.

I agree with everything but Dillon being a better fit. He's a better fit than Williams whom he replaced. Aj can make a house call any time he touches the ball. Dillon is more of a closer, I don't see him as a feature back, the lack of explosiveness was evident today, he needs time to get up to speed where Aj just runs by people. They need to stop with the Henry comparison. He's not Henry. He's a power back not a explosive back Henry is both. Think he's the perfect complement to Aj who's more of a poor man's Cook. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

Interesting that Lafleur would say "you better not give your team any credit" though.

He does just say "Packer coach" vs. naming MLF. So it could have been a random assistant, considering they'd be more likely to run into Allen, or maybe even a non-coach.

Also, Allen just sucks.

Edited by Striker

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

He does just say "Packer coach" vs. naming MLF. So it could have been a random assistant, considering they'd be more likely to run into Allen, or maybe even a non-coach.

Also, Allen just sucks.

You may be right. I just saw a post game interview with Lafleur and twice he said "you have to give the Vikings credit"

Andy Herman -  Some notes on rewatch:

Rodgers was fantastic in the 2nd half

MVS can be such a playmaker, had a big game and there was opportunity for even more. Really nice game for him.

Nice step up performance by EQ.

Kenny Clark was amazing.

Rough game for Krys Barnes in 2nd half.

24 minutes ago, Striker said:

Also, Allen just sucks.

I'm a Packer fan...but I know Paul Allen...yes...he is a Viking homer and paid to be one....dude is alright by me.  Straight shooter....nice guy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  Some notes on rewatch:

Rodgers was fantastic in the 2nd half

MVS can be such a playmaker, had a big game and there was opportunity for even more. Really nice game for him.

Nice step up performance by EQ.

Kenny Clark was amazing.

Rough game for Krys Barnes in 2nd half.

Barnes is ok on running plays but absolutely a detriment in the passing game.  Wish there was somebody different but there's way to many holes in the dike to plug other than him.

8 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'm a Packer fan...but I know Paul Allen...yes...he is a Viking homer and paid to be one....dude is alright by me.  Straight shooter....nice guy.

Nothing would make me happier ...  they come to Lambeau, we have some players back and beat them by 3 td's.  Can't stand him or Florio.

9 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

This is funny.  I'm glad you have a nice opinion of the guy,but he's the one who 'reported' that San Fran had made an offer right before the draft.  They never did, they inquired.  Straight shooter?  He is a hired cheerleader and will say ANYTHING the Wilf's want him to.  Like how he lied for them on air, while the Wilf's made deals with the MET committee and never had to pay a penny for their stadium.  Total tax payer funding.  That's why they call it the people's stadium, it's not a compliment.

Guys play DB because they can’t catch.  That was the old saw.  Savage isn’t unlucky, his hands are stone.  He will never see the words All Pro in front of his name until he starts at the very least bringing in the ones they throw right to him at a much higher clip.  Sometimes I wonder if we’re too hard on missed interceptions since it’s that limitation that has put them where they are.  After watching Woodson play we have higher expectations.