Week 11: Packers @ Vikings - GB loses 34-31, falls to 8-3, and loses Elgton Jenkins :(

FAH1223

20 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

Guys play DB because they can’t catch.  That was the old saw.  Savage isn’t unlucky, his hands are stone.  He will never see the words All Pro in front of his name until he starts at the very least bringing in the ones they throw right to him at a much higher clip.  Sometimes I wonder if we’re too hard on missed interceptions since it’s that limitation that has put them where they are.  After watching Woodson play we have higher expectations. 

I’ve seen several D-lineman with better hands than Savage.  Is what it is.

12 hours ago, St Vince said:

I agree with everything but Dillon being a better fit. He's a better fit than Williams whom he replaced. Aj can make a house call any time he touches the ball. Dillon is more of a closer, I don't see him as a feature back, the lack of explosiveness was evident today, he needs time to get up to speed where Aj just runs by people. They need to stop with the Henry comparison. He's not Henry. He's a power back not a explosive back Henry is both. Think he's the perfect complement to Aj who's more of a poor man's Cook. 

I think A.J Dillon can be like Henry. Aaron Jones was not the guy you see today until his third year. Same with King Henry. Dillon can work on his acceleration 

Just me, or did Jefferson push off on his long catch that ended at the half yard line?  Replay angle was poor, but it sure looked like a double handed push to Stokes' chest.

Refs were against us yesterday.  But I can't argue against many of the calls.  Keke did rough Cousins.  (Savage was tackled by a blade of grass on that play.)  Savage did technically drop the INT that would have given us the game (likely).

We just weren't good enough.  And Zimmer confused the heck out of Rodgers for the first two quarters.  Gotta tip the hat to them and move on.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I think A.J Dillon can be like Henry. Aaron Jones was not the guy you see today until his third year. Same with King Henry. Dillon can work on his acceleration 

Henry has another gear Dillon doesn't have. He can run away from 4.4 DB's in the open field. Dillon needs room to get up to speed. Dillon lacks that long home run speed. He has a different body type. Sure he'll break off a 20 yarder here and there but he'll never be a King Henry.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just me, or did Jefferson push off on his long catch that ended at the half yard line?  Replay angle was poor, but it sure looked like a double handed push to Stokes' chest.

Refs were against us yesterday.  But I can't argue against many of the calls.  Keke did rough Cousins.  (Savage was tackled by a blade of grass on that play.)  Savage did technically drop the INT that would have given us the game (likely).

We just weren't good enough.  And Zimmer confused the heck out of Rodgers for the first two quarters.  Gotta tip the hat to them and move on.

I thought it was live. Couldnt confirm anything on the **** replay. Just figured the hand was deemed not forcible enough.. Even though stokes went to ground. 

That game brought soo much joy to vikings fans across my feeds. Truly the little brother of the division.

59 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Henry has another gear Dillon doesn't have. He can run away from 4.4 DB's in the open field. Dillon needs room to get up to speed. Dillon lacks that long home run speed. He has a different body type. Sure he'll break off a 20 yarder here and there but he'll never be a King Henry.

Dillon is actually faster than Henry and Jones

4.53/ 4.54/ 4.56

40 is a 40, includes acceleration…

22 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Dillon is actually faster than Henry and Jones

4.53/ 4.54/ 4.56

40 is a 40, includes acceleration…

Put them in pads and let's see.

Henry has Dillon's power, and maybe then some, with the acceleration of Jones and top end speed.

Dillion has great vision, balance and burst when running, but he do not have that extra gear that Henry has right now.

Jones is also faster now than he was coming out.  He dropped weight and got a lot more explosive.

Maybe Dillion will find that next gear, but if he doesn't, so what.  He's still a quality back and he will rip some big ones.