MNf: Rams vs 49ers

Malfatron

predicted winner and favorite pie  

25 members have voted

1. 1. predicted winner and favorite pie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2021 at 01:41 AM

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't know... might have something to do with this.

It's still a corny and pointless comparison no matter how you slice it. And for the record, i'm not talking about you at all for posting it....just the players and media alone.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So we're doing this now? Comparing a defensive lineman's team record vs a wide receiver's?

I've just flat out lost all hope for most people in the football community at this point.

It's just poking fun at Donald pretending not to know who he was last year. Like how do you not know about the WR that keeps punking you in multiple ways after 3, now 5 straight L's? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I feel like Stafford was always diving for TDs like that back in Detroit. Dude put his body on the line so often. Weird.

I think this is the result of all of those years of putting his body on the line 

He missed practice before the Titans game due to a back injury. I think his back is still hurt and he knew they had their bye week coming up so he played through it. He's a gamer for sure, but he does get banged up a lot 

I believe that's why there were multiple times he wanted to run but decided at the last second to throw it 

• Like 2

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

It's just poking fun at Donald pretending not to know who he was last year. Like how do you not know about the WR that keeps punking you in multiple ways after 3, now 5 straight L's? 

Yeah I get it now. I'm not on social media so I don't see all of this weird crap lol. That's why I initially took it as member of the media just throwing out random comparison numbers, just to views for money, and someone reposting it.  And to be honest, it wouldn't even surpise me anymore if the media made a serious post like that one, at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, our defense has just really done a good job against your offense since 2019. That's mainly what it is. Also have played us in back to back games where it was a must win for us on primetime. 

The Niners have had a lot of injuries like always this season, but they are starting to get relatively healthy. May be able to put together a nice string of games to make a playoff push. 

Each game is a unique case. I could make the argument that the only game the Niners D made a big impact was the first one of 2019.

2nd game 2019 - 31 points

1st game 2020 - Kupp dropped TD, Goff time to throw, missed open WRs all night

2nf game 2020 - Goff time to throw, four turnovers

1st game 2021 - Stafford time to throw, two INTs, pick 6 bounces off TEs hands. Stafford off despite little pressure. Drops everywhere all night.

In my eyes the Niners defense isn't doing anything special in those games (although three of them they have a pick 6 which helped swing the games). Stafford missed open WRs, made a dumb decision on the first drive, pick 6 was just dumb luck, drops all night. If you count the drops as catches and have him actually hit open WRs, the Rams probably win last night.

We didn't and that's fine - but overall point is the Niners d didn't really make much of that happen. It's not like he missed throws because he was under pressure all night - he had plenty of time for the most part.

Last night was eerily similar to the first game last year, also in primetime. Jimmy perfect in first half, gameplan by Shanahan that we somehow weren't ready for. Hell, that game even featured a 40 yard TD to Kittle off a 4th down play.

We just forget how to play football when we play the Niners.

I'm half expecting the Niners to lose to the Jaguars next week.

On reflection, this shouldn't have been a surprise. I said before the season, I always tend to write the 49ers games off as losses, typically just do a split for division games (3-3), as Shanahan seems to have the play book on us - and know that we can't compete physically with them which is the biggest disappointment. They just have more heart to play the game than we do and have done consistently for a long time. 

Rams have a lot to clean up in their bye week, which could've come a week or two ago. We have so much to figure out and the next game against the Packers will be season-defining. The likelihood is the Rams make the play-offs as a wild card team and come up against one of the Packers, Cardinals, Cowboys or Buccs. 

On current showing, I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish 10-7 without major adjustments.