MNf: Rams vs 49ers

Malfatron

predicted winner and favorite pie  

25 members have voted

1. 1. predicted winner and favorite pie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2021 at 01:41 AM

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Each game is a unique case. I could make the argument that the only game the Niners D made a big impact was the first one of 2019.

2nd game 2019 - 31 points

1st game 2020 - Kupp dropped TD, Goff time to throw, missed open WRs all night

2nf game 2020 - Goff time to throw, four turnovers

1st game 2021 - Stafford time to throw, two INTs, pick 6 bounces off TEs hands. Stafford off despite little pressure. Drops everywhere all night.

In my eyes the Niners defense isn't doing anything special in those games (although three of them they have a pick 6 which helped swing the games). Stafford missed open WRs, made a dumb decision on the first drive, pick 6 was just dumb luck, drops all night. If you count the drops as catches and have him actually hit open WRs, the Rams probably win last night.

We didn't and that's fine - but overall point is the Niners d didn't really make much of that happen. It's not like he missed throws because he was under pressure all night - he had plenty of time for the most part.

Last night was eerily similar to the first game last year, also in primetime. Jimmy perfect in first half, gameplan by Shanahan that we somehow weren't ready for. Hell, that game even featured a 40 yard TD to Kittle off a 4th down play.

We just forget how to play football when we play the Niners.

I'm half expecting the Niners to lose to the Jaguars next week.

I mean the only game the Rams offense has played well against the 49ers since 2019 was the second meeting. You can list reasons for why the Rams offense didn't play well, but they just haven't. Stafford was held to less than 6 YPA and a QB rating under 70. Held Goff to under 200 yards in both games last season where his YPA was combined to under 6 YPA. I really don't know how you can't say the Niners defense hasn't played this offense well. The Rams offense has regularly underperformed against the Niners compared to what they do to the rest of the league.

7, 31, 16, 20 and 10 points. 84 points in 5 games and you are not going to give the Niners defense any credit for that? That's less than 17 PPG, would be one of the worst, if not the worst offense in the league with those numbers. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the only game the Rams offense has played well against the 49ers since 2019 was the second meeting. You can list reasons for why the Rams offense didn't play well, but they just haven't. Stafford was held to less than 6 YPA and a QB rating under 70. Held Goff to under 200 yards in both games last season where his YPA was combined to under 6 YPA. I really don't know how you can't say the Niners defense hasn't played this offense well. The Rams offense has regularly underperformed against the Niners compared to what they do to the rest of the league.

7, 31, 16, 20 and 10 points. 84 points in 5 games and you are not going to give the Niners defense any credit for that? That's less than 17 PPG, would be one of the worst, if not the worst offense in the league with those numbers. 

For the four games I listed? They get credit for the two pick sixes in 2019/2020, and some of the turnovers, obviously don't for last night. 

That's the thing - most of the turnovers were just literally gifted. Both last night. 

When the QB isn't under pressure AND WRs are running open, which was the case in most of those games (including last night), to me that's just bad QB play.

Their offense deserves a metric ton of credit though. Two 90+ yard drives last night and over those games their offense definitely took it to our defense in just about every game.

The stats look bad because the QBs were so wildly inaccurate and often without being under pressure.

25 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

For the four games I listed? They get credit for the two pick sixes in 2019/2020, and some of the turnovers, obviously don't for last night. 

That's the thing - most of the turnovers were just literally gifted. Both last night. 

When the QB isn't under pressure AND WRs are running open, which was the case in most of those games (including last night), to me that's just bad QB play.

Their offense deserves a metric ton of credit though. Two 90+ yard drives last night and over those games their offense definitely took it to our defense in just about every game.

The stats look bad because the QBs were so wildly inaccurate and often without being under pressure.

The WRs weren't just running wide open in all these games. The Niners do a good job of taking away the PA game for the Rams. That's what gave them so much success in the second meeting against the Rams. 

Now, were there misses by the QBs? Of course, but when you average 17 PPG in five games which is a big enough sample size, then it shows something about the opposing defense is giving your offense issues. Just the style of the Niners on both ends bug the Rams and I don't think you can argue against that. Same way the Niners just can't deal with the Seahawks. 

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Hmm…. must’ve been the 49ers SB as well this week.

The 49ers SB was 2019... you know, more recently than the Rams 2018.

Entitlement and Rams don't belong together.

The 49ers own them right now and the Rams have zero comeback to it.

Just now, Dr A W Niloc said:

It may be that losing Robert Woods is more devastating than many seem to think.

Dude, the games have played out damn near the same way even with Woods lol. The Niners have just had the Rams number in recent years, that's all there is to it. 

• Like 3

McVay is 3-3 without Woods and 47-21 with him...

One of those 6 games without Woods was a week 17 preseason game

In all seriousness though Woods is a heck of a player. He's always in the right spot and will run and block when needed.

OBJ may have a better Madden rating but he's not as good of a football player or teammate as Woods right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigTrav said:

A bit like your hero Jrry this year. Thought he was rescinding his Ramdom Fandom when Goff was traded 😂

He’s not my hero, he’s my role model. Get it right. 

and I’ll be sure to have him represent me when I sue you into oblivion for losing IQ points each time I read your posts 

• Like 1