Week 11: Raiders vs. Bengals - here kitty kitty

big_palooka

9 hours ago, CaribouLou said:

I really don't have much faith in this front office to locate a franchise QB in the draft either. I remember all of those QB's but I don't think those previous misses should make you gun-shy about drafting another QB if you think one has the potential to be the guy. All of those names you mentioned also only played for about a year before we moved on. 

Good Qb's are obviously hard to find, but that shouldn't deter you from trying to find another just because you have an average one. I agree with the signing of another veteran QB and start the process of drafting one also. I think Bryce Young is going to be amazing and would love to get some draft capitol in 2023 to move up and get him but that's another pipe dream that we would do that.

We don't even know what the FO is going to look like. A house cleaning seems imminent. 

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Same stuff, different day. Carr is above criticism with some here. 

I think some are scared of going back to the days of a revolving door at QB so would rather stick with the safe option. It's what lands teams in this spot. Being good enough to win some games, but never good enough to get over the hump.

ABC: Anyone But Carr

@Frankie2Gunz says if we draft a bust in the first round it will set us back a decade. Josh Rosen didn't work out in Arizona, how far did that set them back?

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That's not true. Our receivers are trash now. Waller is really good, but this is a bottom 5 group now. And that's being respectful. Zay is not starting for more than 2 or 3 teams on the outside. I like Edwards but he's just not separating when he has the #1/2 corner on him. It sucks, but 99% of qb's need weapons. Now if you want to point to Carr's pick, fumbles, and lack of desire to run, I am 100% with you. But we're back to square 1 with the cast now that Ruggs is gone. Which is terrible if we want to bring in another qb (which I think we should do).

Car has always works inside out. Rarely looks at his X WR. I agree on Zay, he's just not a good player. Edwards while he struggles to separate consistently, he's is physical and wins with size. He should be a red zone target.

My point however in regards to Carr. Good QBs can play off schedule and get their WRs open. They can extend and create plays. 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

We don't even know what the FO is going to look like. A house cleaning seems imminent. 

The host of the locked on Raiders podcast who was in the press box on Sunday said after Carr checked into the running play on 3rd and 7, Mayock literally sprinted out of his suite and into the elevator. And then when we threw the short pass and then let the clock run out right before half time he was on the sideline throwing his arms up visibly upset. 

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The fact that he was resigned, made the team and is now starting is a testament as to how terrible our roster is.  Zay is a fringe NFL player and starting on the outside for us.  

Carr has had to play with worse Wr's over the years.  Ateman, Doss, washed up Jordy Nelson, Roberts.  That is an embarrassing list of bums who were starters and saw significant snaps for us.  Talk about no separation....  Look at those bums. 

Also had Amari Cooper who he completely neglected once Gruden took over. Who is now a dominate player in Dallas. But go on....

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The host of the locked on Raiders podcast who was in the press box on Sunday said after Carr checked into the running play on 3rd and 7, Mayock literally sprinted out of his suite and into the elevator. And then when we threw the short pass and then let the clock run out right before half time he was on the sideline throwing his arms up visibly upset. 

What? No way.... 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're finally coming around.... I love it :) 

I'm conflicted. Carr hasn't played well but we've also lost our head coach and most explosive player in the passing game mid-season. We're trying to compete with teams that have elite offensive players when our best receiver is Renfrow and our run game is non-existent. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm conflicted. Carr hasn't played well but we've also lost our head coach and most explosive player in the passing game mid-season. We're trying to compete with teams that have elite offensive players when our best receiver is Renfrow and our run game is non-existent. 

The season is over and the below average players that we have have completely given up.  It's time to start to think about HC/GM candidates and look at players to draft.  I really hope we lose out and are in a position to draft a difference making player whoever that may be.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I bet the Giants fans would die for a Qb like Carr.  They actually have talent on O (Barkley, Golliday, Toney, Engram) and are saddled with a worthless bum like Danny Pennies that they keep throwing out there YOY.  The Giants are a great example of what drafting a 1st round bum QB will do to set back a franchise.  It's clear they need to move on from that hot piece of garbage yet they keep rolling with him.  Three years wasted with Danny Pennies and next year it's either start from scratch or roll that bum out there for season number 4.  

Lol Why would ny want 1 td per game carr. both qbs accounted for 1 td last week. The market for carr will be interesting I doubt anyone gives us a first. 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The biggest mistake that Gruden made was gutting the OL. We lost Hudson (All-Pro), Brown (Top-Tier OT), and Jackson (Above Average OG) and replaced them with significantly worse players. We cannot run the ball at all which kills our ability to sustain long drives and also means that Carr has to put up super man level production with an average WR core to be competitive. 

Yeah, the O-line gutting didn't help.

I genuinely wonder if we have more negative yards from the right side of the line than we do yards gained on run plays to it. I feel like Pleatherwhiff and Parker both constitute a net loss of at least 300 yards in penalties right now. Seems like one of them is drawing 20-40 yards in penalties every single week singlehandedly. And that doesn't even begin to account for yards lost due to piss poor blocking lol. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol Why would ny want 1 td per game carr. both qbs accounted for 1 td last week. The market for carr will be interesting I doubt anyone gives us a first. 

LOL for the same reason the Rams wanted Stafford who averaged 1.4 TD's a game since 2016.  GM's are not uneducated like most NFL fans and understand that football is a team game.  They understand that Carr like Stafford is being held back because of bad coaching, a lack of weapons and a terrible D.

A GM/HC with the proper weapons in place on O and a good D like the Saints or Bears would love Carr and would be playoff contenders with him at QB.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Alas. That’s how the cookie crumbles. But at least we can throw 2 yard passes to our running back on designed screens. That’s good.

man honestly we cant even do that. 
Carrs passes to rbs on screens always seem behind, high or low lately causing the RB to slow, or go off balance to try and catch it

53 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL for the same reason the Rams wanted Stafford who averaged 1.4 TD's a game since 2016.  GM's are not uneducated like most NFL fans and understand that football is a team game.  They understand that Carr like Stafford is being held back because of bad coaching, a lack of weapons and a terrible D.

A GM/HC with the proper weapons in place on O and a good D like the Saints or Bears would love Carr and would be playoff contenders with him at QB.  

Using Stafford as an example is baseless. He has a better arm and is strong in the pocket. Can hang in and make throws under duress. 

GM's will look at Carr and see a player who wilts under pressure and fumbles the ball when pressured. He can get you to the playoffs when everything is right. He would crumble when he got there. 

• Like 1