17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

I agree. I don't what you are arguing. I was replying to your bargain being all that was available. That is true for much of the market but it was always pretty clear that the issue with Arrieta wasn't price but years. Teams were approaching him because they were willing to spend the APY, just not the years.

i wasntg really arguing anything, just commenting that there seems to be big money out there for top tier, or close to, players. 

That's an interesting deal.  $30M/$25M/$20M, with an opt out after year 2, that can be "voided" by the Phils if they choose the option to extend Arrieta for 2 more years at a base salary of $20 million per, with more performance incentives that could push it to 5/$135.  

On 2/10/2018 at 6:39 PM, hrubes20 said:

So now that Darvish is signed, that hopefully will thaw the market a bit. I’m guessing Brewers sign Cobb, Twins sign Lynn, and Phillies sign Arrieta.

Stearns needs to get off his hands and sign Cobb so I can be 4 for 4 on the pitchers.  On second thought, I'd rather the Brewers not have Cobb.  As you were, Stearns.  Let the Orioles sign him.

7 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

So Neil Walker will play the pivotal "boring veteran thats blocking the kids" role for the Yanks

Well it's definitely disappointing but the correct move. Torres is struggling in the spring league, coming off season ending surgery, and he has only played a handful of games in AAA. Both Torres and Yankees would benefit from being patient and bringing him up when he is ready. Only a 1 year deal so Walker isnt the future their. And many think this is a sign that we will put our young players in a package to trade for a SP at a later date.

But our lineup is looking good.

1. Brett Gardner DH

2. Didi Gregorius SS

3. Aaron Judge LF

4. Giancarlo Stanton RF

5. Gary Sanchez C

6. Greg Bird 1B

7. Aaron Hicks CF

8. Brandon Drury 3B

9. Neil Walker 2B

5 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well it's definitely disappointing but the correct move. Torres is struggling in the spring league, coming off season ending surgery, and he has only played a handful of games in AAA. Both Torres and Yankees would benefit from being patient and bringing him up when he is ready. Only a 1 year deal so Walker isnt the future their. And many think this is a sign that we will put our young players in a package to trade for a SP at a later date.

But our lineup is looking good.

1. Brett Gardner DH

2. Didi Gregorius SS

3. Aaron Judge LF

4. Giancarlo Stanton RF

5. Gary Sanchez C

6. Greg Bird 1B

7. Aaron Hicks CF

8. Brandon Drury 3B

9. Neil Walker 2B

I dont think there will be a SP available worthy of Torres or Andujar in a trade. No thanks to Fulmer.

10 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

I dont think there will be a SP available worthy of Torres or Andujar in a trade. No thanks to Fulmer.

Probably waiting to see how Giants play this year... If they struggle Bumgarner could be on the table.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Probably waiting to see how Giants play this year... If they struggle Bumgarner could be on the table.

Oh, we'll struggle. 

Unfortunately, Sabean and the Giants are entirely too sentimental and too stubborn to believe into going into a rebuild, particularly with so much money already on the books over the next 3 years (believe we have the most money tied up right now in 2019, 2020, and 2021, which is insane) . Madbum probably should have been traded last year when he came back when he could have fetched a comparable deal to Sale given the contracts and team control left. 

15 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

We'll see how Bumgarner pitches. Right now I don't include either for him but if he starts strong Id consider Andujar if Cash plans on getting Machado in the offseason.

On 3/12/2018 at 6:44 PM, marshawn lynch said:

I don't believe there is a chance the Giants listen to offers on Bumgarner.

Archived