17-18 Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

3 for 75... so much for those bargains that was supposedly was the only thing possible.

I think the big hold up for Arrieta's contract was years. Didn't he want a 6 year deal? 3 is much more reasonable.

25 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I think the big hold up for Arrieta's contract was years. Didn't he want a 6 year deal? 3 is much more reasonable.

was 6 ever really realistic though?  You could easily argue we've already seen his best and hes on the decline. He got a great per year average and philly got a great length, seems like a good deal both ways.

13 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

was 6 ever really realistic though?  You could easily argue we've already seen his best and hes on the decline. He got a great per year average and philly got a great length, seems like a good deal both ways.

I agree. I don't what you are arguing. I was replying to your bargain being all that was available. That is true for much of the market but it was always pretty clear that the issue with Arrieta wasn't price but years. Teams were approaching him because they were willing to spend the APY, just not the years.

Archived