Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Just too many injuries to overcome at this point. I think we probably start the season 8-2 and finish it 3-4, still win the north and, at best, make it ton a divisional round road loss.

I would be okay with not getting the bye as long as the Packers get to play in the Nickelodeon Wild Card Game.

• Like 2

I probably had this penciled in as an "L" and right now if I were the type to get stupid tattoos I'd tattoo this "L" on my face. Down 4/5 of our preferred OL, missing out top 2 edge rushers (granted, Gary might be back), Jaire's return nowhere in sight....I don't see the battered D holding up against the Rams offense, and I don't see the OL holding up against the Rams front. 

I'll be thrilled if the team rallies and makes this a game, much less wins, but my expectations are low. 

31 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

The reality is that after Jenkins went down we moved the ball very well. 

Just have to get on with it. We have spent two years developing Nijman so see what he can do. He hasn't let us down when called on this season and when Jenkins came back, some were saying to leave Nijman at LT.  Its not ideal but you get on with it.

• They have to sort out the field goal unit. If you have to write off what we have spent on Crosby and bring in another kicker so be it
  • The coverage team was good until this week so can be good again
  • Got to clean up the penalties. Keke cost us 7 points and possibly the game today and we gave up a huge number of yards

Crosby's last 2 missed FG's are all on him.  Decent snap, good hold, laces spun correctly toward the goal posts, and he still missed.  At this point, he needs to get his head right and trust the operation more.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Glad it's at Lambeau. They have been playing sloppy lately. And stafford will probably throw us a few, gotta take advantage of it. Obviously no Jenkins vs Donald  this time, our interior OL has to play out of their minds this game, or else Donalds gonna reck us. Forsee a similar plan vs the Niners, lots of chips and quick passing game. 

Donald is going to feast on Newman/ Patrick.  Probably Runyan as well.

MLF going to need a nice gameplan to counter him.

Huge game. Sky isn't falling. We played terrible today on defense and ST let us down again. Didn't get a single break all game and it took all of that for a decent Vikings team to be beat us by 3 at the last second. This game reminded me of the Colts loss last year.

Need to come out strong vs a soft Rams team and get a win. Get Gary back in there as well as Lazard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Huge game. Sky isn't falling. We played terrible today on defense and ST let us down again. Didn't get a single break all game and it took all of that for a decent Vikings team to be beat us by 3 at the last second. This game reminded me of the Colts loss last year.

Need to come out strong vs a soft Rams team and get a win. Get Gary back in there as well as Lazard.

Not that I know the severity of their injuries (certainly not Lazard), but I think there's a better chance of Lazard coming back than Gary.
If they "pause" with any injury / player (of the two) it'll be Gary. They'll give him the bye as well.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yep.