Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Pretty disappointed with Lazard .. he's regressed a lot this year.  It's time for the Packers to give St. Brown a legit shot.  Rodgers gave him a shout out yesterday and talked about how hard he's worked and how much trust he has in him.  Time to give him a legit # of targets .. say 5-7 per week.  Make or break.  MVS is okay .. Adams is all-world.  I don't have much faith at all right now in Amari Rodgers .. he's been a major disappointment.  

Lazard right now is almost unplayable in the passing game. His whole ability is based on contested catches since he cannot consistently get open. He can't catch anything contested right now..... 

I also think his blocking ability is overrated. I would like to see EQ get more time. 

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Pretty disappointed with Lazard .. he's regressed a lot this year.  It's time for the Packers to give St. Brown a legit shot.  Rodgers gave him a shout out yesterday and talked about how hard he's worked and how much trust he has in him.  Time to give him a legit # of targets .. say 5-7 per week.  Make or break.  MVS is okay .. Adams is all-world.  I don't have much faith at all right now in Amari Rodgers .. he's been a major disappointment.  

I haven't seen anything out of Amari Rodgers... he just isn't playing much at all.  He only has 5 targets and he hasn't seen one since Week 8.

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I haven't seen anything out of Amari Rodgers... he just isn't playing much at all.  He only has 5 targets and he hasn't seen one since Week 8.

He just looks like a guy that's in over his head.  I kind of was under the impression he would be a major contributor and he just can't get on the field.  I thought he was going to be a quick study, and that's not been the case. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

He just looks like a guy that's in over his head.  I kind of was under the impression he would be a major contributor and he just can't get on the field.  I thought he was going to be a quick study, and that's not been the case. 

Bye weeks are when teams do a lot of self scouting, and usually most rookies see a nice bump in terms of their role.  If we don't see Rodgers after the bye, we likely aren't going to see him.

Vs LAR he wasn't even returning punts?

I thought GB needed to play a near perfect game to win.  And GB did not.  And still won handily.

Again, gotta give credit to our OL coach, Stenavich.  We've got a line full of no name guys who are playing well.  Kudos to Nijman, Stenny and the front office for allowing him to develop.  He looks like a good one out there.

I really thought Donald was going to feast.  He did not.  Except for the announcers, Miller and Floyd weren't talked about for their play on the field.

Rodgers was good.  Not great, but good.  Again I saw many times when he left first downs on the field by choosing to go deep.  If he hit some swing passes on rhythm, sticks would have moved even more.

Then we get to the red zone offense.  I don't know what is going on, but we use darned little creativity down there.  Maybe we are holding a few plays back for different times/spots.  But we don't scheme 'Vante much down there.

Dillon is coming on strong.  Couple drives were all Dillon.  Running and receiving.  We moved the ball and scored.  Next series, no Dillon.  3 and out.  I'd sure like to see him and Jones line up in the backfield, then motion Jones out to be a receiver.

Gary impressed me.  He was playing hurt and he was quite good.  P was a beast.  And Kenny was Kenny.

Specials are still making huge mistakes.

And here we are at the break with a record of 9-3 and anxiously awaiting the return of Bakh, Z, JA and maybe Myers.

Despite my nit picking, I'm not sure that GB hasn't played the most consistent football in the NFC.  And the scary thing is, I'm not sure that we've played our best game yet.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've never been very concerned about the Rams in GB. We're just a better team and things went as expected.

They are pretty soft and kind of fragile when things don't go well.  Donald is supposed to be a great player (he is), but the Packers get him rattled pretty easily and he starts acting the fool.  Stafford is highly overrated.  He's a decent QB, but the way he's played of late they aren't winning anything.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Bye weeks are when teams do a lot of self scouting, and usually most rookies see a nice bump in terms of their role.  If we don't see Rodgers after the bye, we likely aren't going to see him.

Vs LAR he wasn't even returning punts?

They've lost some trust in him, so they throw Cobb out there and he promptly fumbles it away.  I think Rodgers was out there for a few, but I think he was letting them hit the ground.  His confidence can't be real high right now. 

1 minute ago, GHARMON9 said:

Man we need to give Lafleur his flowers.

We are down 3 All Pros (Zadarius, Jaire, Bahk), and E. Jenkins(Borderline All Pro), a top 12 TE (Tonyan),  and our starting Center. 

We are 9-3 and look like the best team in the League IMO.

Got to hand it to Gute .. he's built a deep roster that shows very little drop off from starter to backup.  

• Like 3

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

They've lost some trust in him, so they throw Cobb out there and he promptly fumbles it away.  I think Rodgers was out there for a few, but I think he was letting them hit the ground.  His confidence can't be real high right now. 

Punt returners should be re-named punt catchers. 

The most important job as a PR is to catch the ball more often than your competition would.  Letting the ball hit the ground is almost always a negative return (such as the one Kupp let go which we downed at the 1).

The next job of a PR is to fair catch signal without sacrificing the ability to catch the ball.

Only if the above 2 things are perfect, should returning the punt be considered as an evaluation of the player.

• Like 1

How much do you think this game meant to DC Barry ? 

Overlooked when the Rams had a DC opening, he came to the Packers. The Rams chose Brandon Staley as their DC (not to mention vet punter Hecker over Bojorquez). 

The Packers did pretty darn fine out of these deals.

PS For a guy drafted in 2017, Rasul Douglas has been on the squads of the Eagles, Panthers, Raiders, Texans and Cards before he came to the Pack. Hats off to the guy himself and to cornerback coach Jerry Gray.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, R T said:

Lol, this might say more about you than it does about Rodgers.

Obviously everyone has a different pain threshold and tolerance. Yes he's a better man than me thats why I commend him because putting weight on a fractured bone is very painful, I don't care how small the bone is.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've never been very concerned about the Rams in GB. We're just a better team and things went as expected.

I laugh at this 12 year old kid in here from St. Louis.  He's obviously suffered a lot of trauma and has become delusional from crying himself to sleep in his wee pillow.