Week 12: Rams @ Packers - GB WINS 36-28, moves to 9-3! HAPPY BYE WEEK!

FAH1223

39 minutes ago, craig said:

I'm seeing a number of posts praising and advocating for EQ > Lazard posts.   

What did he do that we're enthused about?  (Yesterday's game was blacked out for me, so I only got it via radio).  He made the one catch, a little wide-open 7-yard pass coming out of the backfield.  And he had one other incomplete target downfield, in which he was unable to get himself open at all and Aaron threw it up to him in double-coverage.  On the radio, they had him with several good ST plays.  

But those wanting more EQ > Lazard, what are you seeing?  

To my eyes, he's usually used as a package H-back pass-protection guy in the backfield.  And then allowed to leak out to the line of scrimmage as a checkdown option.  He has been used effectively several times jet-sweep/reverse type plays, I love those.  

But in terms of actually running a route from scrimmage beyond the line, has he gotten more than 5 targets or actually caught more than one ball >5 yards beyond the LOS this year?  Maybe so, I probably just don't remember.  

It may be that MLF just doesn't see him as suited to function beyond what his actual function has been, and just doesn't see him as a guy you really want to send out on routes or to receive targets >5 yards deep?  

Quite honestly it's more how bad Lazard has sucked than anything EQ did, although I thought he was brilliant in the Minny game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He just looks like a guy that's in over his head.  I kind of was under the impression he would be a major contributor and he just can't get on the field.  I thought he was going to be a quick study, and that's not been the case. 

Heard something (tweet, article, something) that indicated in practice he's making consistent splash plays but when the lights are on, he's thinking too much.  I don't know how much water that holds, but there's probably some truth to that because they keep putting him on the field even if he isn't getting the ball.  Helps him get used to the circumstance.  Eventually the light will go on.

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's been really good overall.  He plays the ball really well and he competes.  Surprising that he didn't have a role on a team.  He's a great add for this team.  If Stokes had Rasul's ball skills we'd be looking at a pro bowl level corner.

Stokes might.  He's still a rookie and he had a good jump on the INT he dropped.  Douglas is getting opportunities because QBs aren't throwing at Stokes.  When Jaire is back, Douglas is going to feast on the #3 WR.  And King on the #4.  And Sullivan on the #5.  Might be the deepest CB room in ten years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

It's not necessarily about EQ at this point, it's about anything but Lazard. Lazard has regressed from last year, due to injury or otherwise he's not getting it done. In almost every metric he's down from the last 2 years. Worst catch rate by FAR in his career. 

The rams weren't allowing outside releases last night with DA or MVS. Lazard they'd just go heads up and let Williams, all 5'9 of him, lock down Lazard.

Somebody needs a shot and EQ is the next on the list. 

Not saying bench Lazard and bar him from the field, but the rotation needs to increse in favor of the next guy up. And it's trending that direction. Middle of the season Lazards playing 80%+ of snaps, now down to ~60%

Lazard's drop off reminds me a lot of Boykin. He had the breakout 2013 and then just completely fell off in 2014.

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

Lazard's drop off reminds me a lot of Boykin. He had the breakout 2013 and then just completely fell off in 2014.

I'll buy into the injury effecting him. He put back to back seasons of being a solid dude together, now he just can't catch like normal? Somethings going on just hard to know what that is.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I'll buy into the injury effecting him. He put back to back seasons of being a solid dude together, now he just can't catch like normal? Somethings going on just hard to know what that is.

#12 hasn't practiced in a while.  Lazard is dinged up.  We could be talking about weeks since Lazard has caught anything meaningful from Rodgers in practice.

This might be as simple as Lazard getting healthy and Rodgers winging a few of them his way in practice.

Fingers crossed on that.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Watching the game a second time at half speed is amazing. Joe Bucks call of the OBJ TD sounds exactly like GOTHIM! Meme. You also get to see who gets off the ball best most downs.

If NFL didnt break the all 22 you could do the same thing with the spacebar pause button, and not take a decade to get through the potatoes.

What a crock of ****. This is the stuff that needs to change with accountability. Just say, "Crosby needs to be better and we expect him to be better." Don't blame missed kicks on BS "horrendous winds" when Gay was kicking the same FGs and XPs dead center all night long. 

• Like 1