MNF: Bucs vs Giants

Malfatron

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Its neat how there have been 100s of QBs who can have 2 or 3 good games a year and then be mediocre to bad the rest of the way but coaches and commentators think this guy is a rare gem to be polished up into a star.

Judge can change them! Jones just needs to be coached up! Yeah, right!

I actually do think Jones could be coached into something good. His issues are largely things that are very fixable with proper structure and coaching. The Giants have not been the place for structure or coaching since the Coughlin days, though.

Just now, w4rrior723 said:

Dude that's what commentators are supposed to say. They're supposed to make it sound like both sides have potential to beat each other.

No, they are not supposed to be Daniel Jones and Joe Judge fans.

They don't talk about all the good potential of corners getting toasted weekly or linebackers who can't tackle.

13 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

No, they are not supposed to be Daniel Jones and Joe Judge fans.

They don't talk about all the good potential of corners getting toasted weekly or linebackers who can't tackle.

They're clearly not fans. They have blatantly criticized the Giants from top down, including Judge and Jones. But of course they want to say some positive things otherwise it tells the viewer it's a one sided game that isn't worth watching, and it also might seem like they are biased against them.

Objectively, the original comment I replied to is way offbase.

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Screens are not really supposed to be designed game plan plays. At least not lots of them.

You max them out when teams are getting too aggressive in the pass rush.

I feel like the prevalence of screens right now are coaches watching guys like Reid and Payton call plays, and learning the wrong things. The best play callers in the league are excellent at designing and timing screens. If the D can see it coming, it's useless (unless the D is trash, but then anything will work.) It has to counter aggression or take advantage of blitzes or tight man coverage (so only 1 guy is really watching the screen develop.) A good bubble screen can be good if they're in way off man and you have a talented wideout, but not otherwise. Instead, it's turned into a go to play of the my QB is bad at his job playbook, and it just doesn't work that way. I've been complaining the past few days about how many teams have been running TE screens to slow TEs against zone defenses watching the screen develop, and I'm 100% convinced some guys just saw Andy Reid call some screens to Travis Kelce and were like hey, we should do something like that.

• Like 4