The Week 13 Thread!

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Which is ridiculous that they'd be in over 1 loss champs from other power-5 conferences or 1 loss ND.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nonsense. 

12-1 UGA, 13-0 UC, 12-1 Michigan, 11-1 Notre Dame/12-1 Oklahoma State get in.

If Bama loses, they are out.

Basically it would be between them, ND, and 12-1 BIG 12 winner. 

In the situation we are talking about, Bama beating UGA, they have by far the best win in the country and another top 10 win (ole miss). I fully acknowledge their losses would be worse than ND and BIG 12 but neither of those teams would have the wins.

ND best win would be Wisconsin who after losing today or the Champ game (which is is necessary for Michigan to be over Bama) are going to be bottom of top 25 at best. Roughly equal to the value of Bama's win over Arkansas. And they haven't dominated the other teams. Their resume would be worse than a 2 loss SEC champ Bama

OU has looked awful this year. The committee has recognized that with their rankings. Would 2 wins over OK St change that? I don't think so. Those would be their only two good wins and both would rank well below the UGA win and behind the Ole Miss as well in the final rankings. Nothing they have done would trump a UGA win be Bama either in resume or "best team" convos.

OK ST would be the real contender. Beating Baylor 2x and OU. As far as good wins does that look better than UGA, Ole Miss, and Arkansas? To me know. They're loss would be better than the Auburn loss but worse than the A&M loss. I don't think you can say their resume is really better.

Maybe I'm overrating an UGA win. But I think, and I bet the committee would to, that that is the absolute crown jewel on anyone's resume other than the 0 losses Cincy has. So it is 1 extra loss vs a win against the consensus tier above everyone program. I'm sorry but that is going to the UGA win

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

I fully acknowledge their losses would be worse than ND and BIG 12 but neither of those teams would have the wins.

I don't care about the wins. The losses matter more. They would have a loss to a 7-5 rival. They don't belong with a loss today regardless of what happens.

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Beating Baylor 2x and OU. As far as good wins does that look better than UGA, Ole Miss, and Arkansas? To me know. They're loss would be better than the Auburn loss but worse than the A&M loss. I don't think you can say their resume is really better.

It shouldn't matter. It's Notre Dame that gets the spot then.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, mse326 said:

might want to check Iowa St's record there, Hoss

Sorry, meant Notre Dame since we're discussing the merits of the last spot anyways. So if you're debating Ok State, Bama and Notre Dame, ND gets in.

Plus Poke has 1 loss in this scenario. Not 2.

Bama doesn't deserve to be in with 2 losses, period. They've never done it before and it wouldn't merit it now.