Week 12 General Discussion Thread

Blackstar12

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I stand by my opinion that the Raven's problems are not the most fixable mid season. You'll win more than you lose because of Lamar, but I have a hard time seeing them as the best record, the best team, or having a particularly good chance to get through the AFC playoffs

Yeah it’s unlikely to be able to survive this war of attrition with how many hits our roster has taken, but I have to enjoy this season for what it is.

Harbaugh and Lamar are both Elite for keeping this team afloat 

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Nah, missing our top 3 receivers, our right guard, and half our defense has been an issue though. 

Okay so titans fans lobbying for Henry to be in the MVP conversation during the first half of the year were wrong??

Can't have it both ways guys. If your team has a legit MVP candidate, they take a massive hit if he goes down.

Personally, I say he was rightfully in the conversation and they definitely miss him. 100 yards today came on two runs. That's not the consistent chain moving and bodily punishment that Henry provides an offense. That team is now quite limited without him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

What a damn showing from the Pats today. Yes I know the Titans are missing huge pieces, I still think the way they dominated is still extremely impressive.

Here's the thing...you can only play who is on your schedule. When you are playing bad teams (that's not to say that the Titans in a vacuum are bad, but this current iteration of the Titans is not....great...shall we say) the manner of victory is pretty important. Beating these teams down in the way they are is impressive...opposing teams' status be damned. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Okay so titans fans lobbying for Henry to be in the MVP conversation during the first half of the year were wrong??

Can't have it both ways guys. If your team has a legit MVP candidate, they take a massive hit if he goes down.

Personally, I say he was rightfully in the conversation and they definitely miss him. 100 yards today came on two runs. That's not the consistent chain moving and bodily punishment that Henry provides an offense. That team is now quite limited without him.

I never said he was an MVP... What does any of this have to do with the fact that the team is decimated by injuries though? 

2 minutes ago, Chargers said:

Have you seen Urban in the NFL? Saban in the NFL? Why would he take a awful NFL gig, when he can help rebuild SC and be most talked about coach in Southern California. 

Hey if he's happy being a big fish in a small pond, more power to him.

The whole point of taking an NFL head coaching job is so you can prove to everyone that you are one of the best at your chosen profession. You can lead and manage and scheme a team when you don't have the deck stacked INSANELY in your favor.

11 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Ravens will be the #1 seed in the AFC if they win tonight. With random UDFAs and raw rookies starting all over the place, a defence that can’t stop a nosebleed, a terrible and injured offensive line, washed up running backs signed off the couch, and a QB with the immune system of a chemo patient.

electric.

If they lose, I think the Patriots are the #1 seed. Crazy

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Liked for 2,000 likes!

But, you're right too. You would have received a football either way.

1 minute ago, renndawg37 said:

I never said he was an MVP... What does any of this have to do with the fact that the team is decimated by injuries though? 

Didn't say you did, I'm asking if you think those fans were wrong.

And of course injuries piling up is an issue, as they are with a ton of teams. One injury in particular though stands out.